cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibly Hub Issue

MartJ
Rising star

I have had to reboot hub a few times due to wifi issues again, I had the hub replaced a beginning of January everything OK until 16 January, looking at my BQM I notice that the dropped packets have taken over the Hub so to speak.

This was as it was yesterday

MartJ_0-1674593146100.png

This as it is now

MartJ_1-1674593325828.png

Rebooted Hub on 17, the redness retuned on 18, rebooted on 19th when I noticed issue again, then rebooted again late on 22, but issue back today.

We are also seeing buffering on our Amazon Firestick when streaming, plus to random wifi disconnections, not as many as previously.

Any thoughts as to why I am seeing this problem? Do I have to reboot everyday?

Martin
49 REPLIES 49

horseman
Alessandro Volta

@MartJ wrote:

@Chris_W1

Still issues

This is my BQMs for yesterday and today so far

MartJ_0-1675257957842.png

Today

MartJ_1-1675258094861.png

Nothing changed at my end and did not reboot router

FWIW I sporadically got(still get) RWOD (Red Wall Of Death) on my Hub3  using TBB BQM ever since 4Q2015 thru early & later firmware (and hardware) Hub3 variants and discovered this was apparently related to resource/routing constraints using specific POP.  It was easy to prove in my case using concurrent alternative BQM with different POP (eg: try “f8lure@mouselike.com”).

Worth running 2 BQM to check perhaps?

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED

Hi horseman, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service. 

I will send you a PM so that this can be looked into further for you. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

@Kath_F as requested link to BQM

[url=https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/ebc42c00c1a82c9997b25fbd78332423140c3143]My Broadband Ping[/url]
Martin

@Chris_W1 wrote:

Hi horseman, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the service. 

I will send you a PM so that this can be looked into further for you. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

PM hardly necessary as this symptom (certainly with Hub3) has existed for years (as stated) and your colleagues are currently expending significant effort in avoiding my current 2 threads….  
Which of course you can locate with a basic search without wasting the OP’s time(or mine).

Therefore I’ll avoid answering your PM but suggest this thread’s OP STILL x-check TBB BQM with say “f8lure@mouselike.com” concurrently to prove the RWOD is not related to the Hub resource/POP Routing? Initial test is not rocket science and would quickly prove one way or another…..

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
DEFROCKED

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MartJ 

Thanks for your post on our community forum and sorry to hear about your issue

I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Travis_M

Engineer came Monday as you arranged, he checked all the cabling & connections back to the cabinet, no issues there, he said it probably an network issue. Everything fine until today when this morning the "Red wall" returned and access slowed to a crawl or was no existent.

BQM as it stands now

MartJ_0-1676472182128.png

I am planning to reboot hub to see if i clears the issue as it did on Monday

Martin

@Travis_M 

I have rebooted router, the second time this week, "Red Wall" has vanished for now, however download speed on laptop is currently running at 75mbps on 1gbps connecting, I know I won't get that on WiFi but is usually up around 200 to 250.

MartJ_0-1676474152067.png

Speedtest on wired connection to same device

MartJ_1-1676474272562.png

Regards

Martin

horseman
Alessandro Volta

@MartJ wrote:

Hi @Travis_M

Engineer came Monday as you arranged, he checked all the cabling & connections back to the cabinet, no issues there, he said it probably an network issue. Everything fine until today when this morning the "Red wall" returned and access slowed to a crawl or was no existent.

BQM as it stands now

MartJ_0-1676472182128.png

I am planning to reboot hub to see if i clears the issue as it did on Monday

How did it compare to say “f8lure@mouselike.com” ?

Regards Tony
DEFROCKED

Hi Virgin Mods,

Today's update report on my network.

The "Red Wall" returned last night at 6pm as indicated in BQM from 15 February

MartJ_0-1676573556527.png

The "Red Wall" vanished at 2pm today as seen from today's BQM

MartJ_1-1676573724383.png

During most of the "Red Wall" time I wasn't logged on laptop, but did use Ipad and responses were slow.

Network Log 

Network Log

Time Priority Description

Thu Feb
6US profile assignment change. US Chan ID: 6; Previous Profile: ; New Profile: 11.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Thu Feb
3No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Wed Feb
6CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24; Chan ID: 159; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 2.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Wed Feb
6US profile assignment change. US Chan ID: 6; Previous Profile: ; New Profile: 11.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Wed Feb
5DBC-REQ Mismatch Between Calculated Value for P1.6hi Compared to CCAP Provided Value;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Wed Feb
5MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Wed Feb
6CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24; Chan ID: 159; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 3.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Tue Feb
6US profile assignment change. US Chan ID: 6; Previous Profile: 12; New Profile: 11.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Mon Feb
6CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24; Chan ID: 159; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 3.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Mon Feb
Mon Feb
3No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Mon Feb
5MIMO Event MIMO: Stored MIMO=-1 post cfg file MIMO=-1;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Mon Feb
Mon Feb
3Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Mon Feb
5Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Mon Feb
6CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 16; Chan ID: 159; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 1.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Mon Feb
3SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Mon Feb
6US profile assignment change. US Chan ID: 6; Previous Profile: 11; New Profile: 12.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Mon Feb
5DBC-REQ Mismatch Between Calculated Value for P1.6hi Compared to CCAP Provided Value;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Mon Feb
6CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 23; Chan ID: 159; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: N/A.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Mon Feb
5Lost MDD Timeout;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Mon Feb
6CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24; Chan ID: 159; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 1.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Mon Feb
3SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Sun Feb
6CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 23; Chan ID: 159; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: N/A.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Sun Feb
Sun Feb
Sun Feb
Sun Feb
6CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24; Chan ID: 159; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 1.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Sun Feb
Sat Feb
Sat Feb
Sat Feb
Sat Feb
6US profile assignment change. US Chan ID: 6; Previous Profile: 11; New Profile: 12.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Sat Feb
6DHCP Renew - lease parameters tftp file-cmreg-vmdg640-bbt076-b.cm modified;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Sat Feb
4DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Sat Feb
Thu Feb
Wed Feb
Wed Feb
Wed Feb
Wed Feb
Wed Feb
Tue Feb
Tue Feb
6DHCP Renew - lease parameters tftp file-cmreg-vmdg640-bbt076-b.cm modified;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Tue Feb
4DHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Tue Feb
Mon Feb
Mon Feb
Mon Feb
Sun Feb

So what is causing the "Red Wall", which affects responses and wifi disconnects, especially on mobile devices?

Waiting for your reply

Martin

To any mod that cares to reply, which would be helpful another 2 days have passed and the "Red Wall" of packet loss has returned yet again, device disconnections from Wifi are frequently happening and response has been slow 

The current BQM shows the packet loss return around 11:30 this morning

MartJ_0-1676740745527.png

Network log going back to Thursday

Network Log

Time Priority Description

Sat Feb
Sat Feb
Sat Feb
Fri Feb
Fri Feb
Fri Feb
6CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24; Chan ID: 159; DSID: N/A; MAC Addr: N/A; OFDM/OFDMA Profile ID: 2.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Fri Feb
Fri Feb
Fri Feb
6US profile assignment change. US Chan ID: 6; Previous Profile: 12; New Profile: 11.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;
Fri Feb
Fri Feb
Fri Feb
Thu Feb
Thu Feb
Thu Feb
Martin