cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to use the vodafone 6e ultra hub as a router?

slimmy0
Joining in

I was looking to get a router that supports WiFi 6E (as my PC supports this), but they are pretty expensive right now.

I see that vodafone provide a 6E router with their top tier package and these are being resold on eBay for less than £100.

Is there any reason why I couldn't put my SH4 into modem only mode and hook it up to a Vodafone router, or will Vodafone restrict this somehow?

I'm a virgin media broadband customer on the 500mbps package.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not receiving support and security updates should be reason enough to avoid such devices.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Save another £40 and you can get a WiFi 6E router

---------------------------------------------------------------

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @slimmy0 👋.

Thanks for your post. The Hub 4 is not capable of WiFi capability, you would need the Hub 5 for this. Have you looked into a Hub upgrade? They are available for people on certain packages. Contact our team and see what is available 📞 0345 454 1111. I would also look into your online account for a potential Hub upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Sabrina

Cardiffman282
Knows their stuff

This router currently looks like good value and has positive VM customer reviews. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

@Cardiffman282 wrote:

This router currently looks like good value and has positive VM customer reviews. 

they want WiFi 6E

TP-Link AXE5400 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6E Router, Wi-Fi Speed up to 5400 Mbps, 5x Gigabit Port, 1× USB 3.0 P...

---------------------------------------------------------------