cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding on Hub 3

Eseche
Joining in

Can anyone help with port forwarding on the Hub 3? I am happy with the equipment IP address, the  internal start and end port fields. Don't know what to do about the external start and end ports. As I write I am currently on hold with the support line and have been for the past 20 minutes. Help!!

66 REPLIES 66

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@bowson wrote:

seems problems are still occurring with SH3. Just received mine today as upgraded to VIVID350 and can't get any port forwarding working, nothing in this thread seems to have helped..

anyone still listening hear that can help?

If you want to do Port Forwarding use modem mode and get your own router.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

I'm trying to open up some VPN ports (UDP_500, UDP_1701. UDP_4500) to my Synology server unfortunately no matter what I do, it doesn't work.

I have tried ascending and descending order as mentioned on this forum, I have restarted the router multiple times as well as factory defaulted it unfortunately still no luck.

What does work just fine is the port forward to my NVR (TCP_8000), unfortunately this is the only one which works.

I even tried to open up RDP to my home PC, and while the PC accepts telnet on port 3389 internally, it won't work externally even tho I have only a single port added to the list.

The weird thing is that VPN worked initially when configured maybe for 2-3days and then it stopped. It does work fine when inside of the network so it has to be something to do with this VM box.

Also, as mentioned on this forum, when I disable the firewall, even the TCP_8000 won't work so it has to be enabled.

I can see many of you guys have managed to fix the problem by getting the ports in ascending order so it must be something I'm still missing here...

Any ideas?

Also, is it possible to get the firmware upgraded or it's managed by Virgin remotely?

I have seen some of you were talking about SH3 - what is it?

Hi phdmonkey,

I wish I had seen your post before I bought my own router.

Here is my story.

Could not get anyports on the super hub 3 to work except 80-18003, I purchased a new router and put the hub 3 in modem mode.

Forwarded the ports i required on my new router however, they will still not open.

Any idea's?

Cheers in advance.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Ports don't open unless you have a something running on them and UDP can't be scanned reliably to show open.

If you run in modem mode with the device in question and scan for TCP ports and don't show open then its your firewall on your device.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, I will give this a try and let you know.
Cheers.

Lord1
Settling in

Hello

I'm trying to port forward Port 53 for Xbox (one) Live but I keep getting this error message next to both end ports:

"The configured port range cannot contain one of the following reserved ports: 25,53,135,137,138,139,161,162,445,1080"

Anyone able to give me any info on this?

Thanks

Hi phpcodemonkey and anyone else that can help

What if your ports are in the format below:

Internal/local     External

80-80                8008-8008 

8000-8000        8000-8000

How do you arrange these as the lower port, as the 1st line's External port is higher than the 2nd lin'e port numbers? Thanks.