cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding on Hub 3

Eseche
Joining in

Can anyone help with port forwarding on the Hub 3? I am happy with the equipment IP address, the  internal start and end port fields. Don't know what to do about the external start and end ports. As I write I am currently on hold with the support line and have been for the past 20 minutes. Help!!

66 REPLIES 66

Fingers crossed, pain to go through customer support again!

Unfortunately they sent me the hub 2, not the ac..

Saraff
Settling in

Two weeks a go I have move to Virgin from Sky,

I have hub 3 and I am having the same issue, port forwarding not working

I have setup port forwarding on the hub for my NAS access.

firewall is on

on port checker getting a error "Reason: Connection timed out. "

on my old sky router I have setup and its worked without problem, but on virgin hub its the same setting but getting the time out error.

is that any way I can check the Router Log?

any help will be appreciated..

@Saraff wrote:

Two weeks a go I have move to Virgin from Sky,

I have hub 3 and I am having the same issue, port forwarding not working

I have setup port forwarding on the hub for my NAS access.

firewall is on

on port checker getting a error "Reason: Connection timed out. "

on my old sky router I have setup and its worked without problem, but on virgin hub its the same setting but getting the time out error.

is that any way I can check the Router Log?

any help will be appreciated..

You can check if the port forwarding is correctly setup using this link: http://www.portchecktool.com/

I had to downgrade the router to 2.5AC to get port forwarding working.

You can access the log once you login to the router I guess. I can see the logs on 2.5 Hub.

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

If you want it working faster use modem mode get your own router.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

I signed up just to share how I solved my problem:

I called technical support and had them set my account to IPv4 instead of IPv6.

That's it. I then factory reset my hub and port forwarding started working again.

I'm on VM in Ireland and have the SuperHub 3 since last week. This is my first IPv6 Internet service. Too bad that VM's implementation breaks port forwarding!!

Nothing against the new standard, I just hope VM fixes IPv6 port forwarding with a firmware update, but for the moment I'm good.

how do u disable the firewall for sh3?

hi i have done all port forwarding that needs to be done but no luck what so ever. the firewall section on modem first there was three green ticks i have even ticked the fourth box to block ip fragmantation or summa.but no luck  i dont understand why virgin took this hub out and this hub is no use to anyone needing ports opening  anyone with any knowledge plz help me out.

cappilio
On our wavelength

Im Amazed VM have not rectified the issues with the new Hub yet,I have been on virgin for around 6 months,

I operate a slightly more complicated home network than most users, But i still believe Firewall & NAT are not really classed as enterprise or even business features imo. 

It simply does not work on the new hub, Have them downgrade you too the 2AC.

Has AC Wireless & is Still Gigabit

Regards

Cap

Thanx been with Virgin for more than 3 years they have shown there's no loyalty so might just go somewhere else. My boys play PlayStation they kept losing there speed and Internet that's why had to go on hub 3 otherwise never had problem with hub 2 except connection.