Menu
Stanl
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Port Forwarding Problem

I have had port 80 open and in regular use ever since I had my Superhub 3.

About 4 weeks ago it just closed and whatever I do I cannot get it open again so my guess is VM have done something to block this.

How can I get this open as I cannot see my CCTV remotely until I fix this.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port Forwarding Problem

What do the settings in your hub say?

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal
0 Kudos
Stanl
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What settings are you after because I’m not connected to the router at the moment but I can remember most things.

0 Kudos
Stanl
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I cannot believe that anyone from the virgin media organisation has not encountered my problem before having read the FAQ’s.

Is there not someone with the technical knowledge that can at least offer some sort of advice to fix this?

After all, up until recently it has worked perfectly since the hub 3 came out so why should it stop now unless VM has done some sort of update to mess everything up for so many people...☹️☹️

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Stanl, 

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing some port forward problems.  

Does the information from this similar conversation on a previous post help at all? 

Please keep me posted,

Dean C 

0 Kudos
Stanl
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dean,

This has been a most strange few days.

I followed the instructions and deleted the rules for port forwarding on Saturday - No success, tried again on Sunday - No success.

Did exactly the same about 10 minutes ago before calling in my CCTV installer and it worked.

No idea why things should have changed but I am up and running again.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos