Menu
baileyphil
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Port Blocking

Evening All, 

Was wondering if somebody knew the answer to this, i have a Ubiquiti Unfi Security Gateway which im trying to setup remote access to, my hub 3 is in modem mode, i have opened the relevent ports (8080 and 8081) but i cant get access.

Does anyone know if VM block ports on there connection?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port Blocking

only ports i know blocked TCP & UDP ports 135, 137, 138, 139, 445 since 8080 is URL requires an explicit "default port override" to request a web browser to connect to port 8080, most common cause is a firewall, can you access the IP address locally when you've enabled port forwarding, since the hub is in modem mode you using the Ubiquiti as the router or is the hub connected to something else

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The USG control panel operates on 443 and isn't something you generally need access to, I assume you mean the Unifi Controller? If so then that is on 8443 and 8080, however you'd need to forward the ports and not just open them on the firewall, the forward would need to be to the IP address your Unifi Controller resides on.

An alternative to this would simply be enabling cloud access in the controller which should more or less configure itself.

0 Kudos
baileyphil
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi All, 

Thanks for your replies, i just wasn't sure if any ports are allowed as i have only been on VM for 6-7 months, i was thinking this was a firewall issue but i have turned this off and had no joy, i can access the device on the local IP so it is definitely something to do with connection via the internet, the hub is connected to the USG and then everything is behind that.

Sorry i was referring to the controller, speaking to Ubiquity support they have told me its ports 8080 and 8081, i have forward the ports on the USG but i dont get anything externally, im trying to tick boxes at the moment to try to narrow it down to what the actual issue is.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You definitely need to forward 8443 to the address of your UniFi Controller in the USG. I mostly use the UniFi iPad app as it gives nearly all the details the same as web access and no need to forward ports on the router. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
baileyphil
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks ill take a look at this, i had been using the mobile app on my phone but this is also not working for some reason.

0 Kudos