cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor wifi on phone

Nickyram77
Joining in

Hi both myself and my husband have very poor wifi service at home any ideas how to fix?

8 REPLIES 8

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If you can elaborate a bit that would help.

• What model of phone?
  • This is on a VM broadband line, using a VM hub? 
  • The problem occurs when connected to the hub's wifi signal? 
  • Is this slow speeds, unreliable connection, or areas of the property that have no wireless signal?
  • Do other wireless devices have similar problems?
  • The phones are set to prefer wifi over mobile data
  • Are there any devices connected to the hub by ethernet?
  • Do they work properly?
  • Do you find the problem resolves after a reboot of the hub? 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Nickyram77,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with your WiFi service. 

Thank you @Andrew-G for your help in trying to diagnose the problem.

I have taken a look into the account and can see there is an open work order for WiFi Pods. These should certainly help improve any coverage issues. 

Let us know how you get on @Nickyram77

Just to let you know, if you need help with your Virgin Media services in the future, we’ve also got lots of hints and help in our Virgin Media mobile app and our Help & Support area 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

Its made no difference even standing imfrkmt of the hub i have no signal . Please could you send a replacement hub?

Thanks

Hi @Nickyram77

Thanks for coming back to us and sorry to hear this. 

Just to clarify, have the Pods made no difference?

Looking at your account, at the time of writing there are no issues at all. 

Have you noticed any improvements since posting?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

Thats correct they have made no difference i think we will need to change provider. I have spoken to 3 separate advisors on the phone explaining I think l its the hub and asked for an engineer to come and have a look but been advised this is not possible.

Any help greatly appreciated 

Nicky

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up some more details like Andrew has suggested and folks on here will try to help sort it

If you dont want to troubleshoot on here that's fine - but that's why we non-VM employess are trying to help on this "Commumity HelpForum".

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi

Samsumg s10 virgin sim

Samsung a10 sky 

Iphone 10 EE

One bar on all phones they cut out repeatedly WiFi stays connected in most of house but when reverts to mobile data still no signal???

Laptop ok on teams and zoom

No devices connected to the hub

Does not resolve after reboot and have a booster no change.

Could the hub be faulty original had virgin for broadband TV etc was fine but only after some teething issues -  then went to sky same kind of package signal bad with them and now back with virgin. Phones cut off no Internet in kitchen one bar when in front of hub and catch up and anything that requires streaming just buffers or can't access 

Any help greatly appreciated 

Nicky

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Nickyram77,

Thanks for your recent posts. I'm so sorry to hear of the WiFi issues you've been having with your devices.

I've been able to locate your account using your forums details and can see some issues that may be affecting things. There's a signal issue and all of your upstream channels are out of spec.

I do want to get  a visit booked in for you for this so that one of our engineers can take a look over things - I'll just send you a private message to confirm a couple of details. Please keep an eye on the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide