cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor speed

dan_the_dude
On our wavelength

I need help. I have an M600 connection but i am downloading at around 250Mbps on wireless or wired devices. My wired device are connecting to the hub at 1000Mbps and my WiFi is all 833Mbps.

Any ideas? 

Here is the info from my router:

44 REPLIES 44

@Sofia_B wrote:

Thanks for getting back to us @dan_the_dude

I've just checked your account and I can see there's still an ongoing issue in the area as advised by Lee. 

This is causing intermittent service and is due to be resolved by 11th of October at 10:40.

If you find your service issues persist after the fix time, please pop another post on this thread and we'll happily assist. 

Thanks, 

It's NOT intermittent!

I wish people.would stop saying that.

Also, there was a fault in my area, but has been fixed once and I still have the same issue.

What is going on at Virgin? How is it everytime I talk to someone I'm told there's another issue iny area? It's been going on for 6 weeks now.

Pretty sure VM are having a joke with me....

Hello Daniel

We wanted to let you know that Gig1 Fibre Broadband is now available where you are, offering gigabit speeds straight to your Hub.

Over 1Gbps average download speed straight to you Hub

52Mbps average upload speed

No traffic management

Unlimited broadband, with no caps on uploads or downloads

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

Hi dan_the_dude,

I have looked at the area and you can get 1GB connection and we can see that this is still above the minimum speed, I can see that there is an outage in the area and the fault reference number is F009323431. This is estimated to be resolved on the 11th October. Please be aware that this is estimated by the engineers resolving the fault ^Chris

@Chris_W1 wrote:

Hi dan_the_dude,

I have looked at the area and you can get 1GB connection and we can see that this is still above the minimum speed, I can see that there is an outage in the area and the fault reference number is F009323431. This is estimated to be resolved on the 11th October. Please be aware that this is estimated by the engineers resolving the fault ^Chris

Chris, let me guess, it was an estimated date and therefore not guaranteed?

Because, I still have the same issue.

Can someone at least tell me what the problem is that's caused me to not get the speed Im paying for since the day of installation?

Screenshot_20211011-175127_Speedtest.jpg

Hi dan_the_dude.

I am terribly sorry for the inconvenience caused and for the experience you've had, ad I can completely see why you're frustrated.

It does appear that the estimated fix date has been pushed back to the 14th October. The fault is an SNR fault (signal to noise ratio), which can be extremely complex and take longer to resolve than other issues. It can sometimes be tricky locating here the noise is coming from. Sometimes, the noise may be originating from a neighbouring customer's property or underground, and so we'd need to obtain access to these areas and get permission to fix. This can sometimes result in delays such as this. Unfortunately we don't have many more details about the issue other than what has already been mentioned, but I thought it may help for you to understand why these types of issues can take longer to fix than initially anticipated. 

Please let us know how things are on the 14th October, and feel free to take a look at our Auto Compensation Policy.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth

Beth.

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.

Re the auto compensation, it covers total loss but not degraded speed. This leaves me in the same position that I'm already in.

Frustrated doesn't even begin to summise how I feel.

Hi dan_the_dude,

Thanks for coming back to us. I do fully understand the frustration with that. 

I've just checked on the fault for you and it's been extended to the 19th, @12.40. Do monitor on that day and let us know so we can check this again for you. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John.

Still having the same issue!

Still the same....

Sorry to hear this is ongoing @dan_the_dude,

Looking into the account, it appears that the outage is still on going and is classed as sound to noise ratio (SNR) and is due to be resolved at 15:00 on 28/10/21

We're sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you, and we will seek to do all we can to have this resolved for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn