cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor speed

dan_the_dude
On our wavelength

I need help. I have an M600 connection but i am downloading at around 250Mbps on wireless or wired devices. My wired device are connecting to the hub at 1000Mbps and my WiFi is all 833Mbps.

Any ideas? 

Here is the info from my router:

44 REPLIES 44

David, what I want to know is what, exactly is going to be done to resolve this?

This issue has been ongoing now for over 2 months. Everytime I'm given a date, it is pushed back. I keep being to next week, or 3 days.

Have VM even isolated the issue and put on place a plan to recitfy the situation?

Also, your website, telephone service and app all say there are no service issues in my area.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi dan_the_dude, 

I am afraid we are limited on the information we are provided for a fault. 

We can confirm the issue itself, when the problem was raised and the estimated fix time/date but I am afraid we will be unable to offer any further information. Our apologies for any frustration or inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Nat

Thanks but empathy really doesn't help me.

3 months, same issue.

What really irks me is, even when I was told, the issue remained.

Then, 2 days later, oh we have the same problem.

What REALLY bothers me is that my SnR ratios are in tolerance so it can't really be that.....

Will this thread apply to my situation? I'm currently on a hub 4

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Hub-4-Horrible/td-p/4848228 

A quick scan of the thread shows that you raised a complaint, and VM closed it without resolving the issue, and that was months ago?  If that's the case you should escalate to CISAS, asking for VM to be compelled to carry out the necessary work to resolve the fault, plus compensation for the poor connection, for the ineffective customer support and wasted time, for the poor handling of your complaint, and for the repeatedly broken fix dates.  You may also wish to notify Ofcom, but don't put too much effort in to that since Ofcom monitor complaints and take the numbers up with VM, but don't actively intervene individually.

Hey dan_the_dude,

Thanks for coming back to us, we are really sorry for the fact this has been going on for so long and you have been facing this intermittent issue, having checked thing again Today I can advise the current estimate fix is Today 01/11/21 @ 18:00, fingers crossed this will be resolved then we will be able to see how things go and if this is what has been causing your problems.

Regards

Paul.

Still not fixed.

10 weeks and counting...

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to us @dan_the_dude

I'm so sorry to hear the issue persists, I can only imagine how frustrating and we apologise for any inconveneince caused. 

I've checked your account and I can see the intermittent service issue has been resolved. 

How have things been since posting? 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Still got the same issue.

Actually you guys owe me a deadlock letter. Here's the transcript.

05/10/2021, 11:53 - Dan : the only fix VM haven;t tried is a new router.

05/10/2021, 11:56 - Virgin Media: Dan, the router which you have subscribed with us is hub 3 which is latest one and the hub 4 will only support 1gig, and also there is an outage on your area so untill the issue is fixed in the area, changing router will not help Dan.

05/10/2021, 11:57 - Dan : actually, i have a hub 4 - how can you be sure it's not an issue with the router? specifically it's capability to packet switch fast enough?

05/10/2021, 12:01 - Virgin Media: Its there is an issue with the hub 4 which would have been triggered on our system and hub 4 is the the brand new latest equipment which shouldn't cause any issues and as I mention previous please wait till this vening for the outage engineer to fix the issue.

05/10/2021, 12:07 - Dan: oh please.

you thought is was an area issue, which was fixed - same problem.

you blamed my home network - proved that wasn't the case.

what is the actual problem in the area that is causing me reduced service 100% of the time, even 1 minute after area outages are fixed?

what is it - ?

you cant even tell me correctly which hub i have.

05/10/2021, 12:08 - Dan: send me a deadlock letter please, i'll take this to ofcom

05/10/2021, 12:11 - Virgin Media: Thank you so much, 

And what kind of information you need Dan.

05/10/2021, 12:12 - Dan: i need VM to confirm that they are unable to fix the issue and that they have exhausted all possible avenues and there is nothing more that VM can do.

05/10/2021, 12:13 - Dan: also, you need to actually acknowledge the problem

05/10/2021, 12:15 - Virgin Media: Dan, I cannot send to a letter to day the VM is unable to fix the issue and I will request my manager to mention about the outage present and the type of works which have been carried out ( we have identified a short-term connectivity issue which may cause intermittent or performance) and I have already placed the request for the letter to be sent which will be delivered in next 30 days, is there anything else I can help you with today.

05/10/2021, 12:17 - Dan: 30 days is fine.

05/10/2021, 12:20 - Virgin Media: Is there anything else I can help you with today.

05/10/2021, 12:22 - Dan: no, i think not.

05/10/2021, 12:33 - Virgin Media: Thank you for your time and have a nice day.