Menu
Shellbag29
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Poor signal upstairs

My daughter can't use tablets or smart tv in her bedroom, the signal is low and often stops

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor signal upstairs

@Shellbag29 wrote:

My daughter can't use tablets or smart tv in her bedroom, the signal is low and often stops

What model of hub is her signal meant to come from? Can she connect ok  when near the hub ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

just to add what jbrennand asked, have the wifi worked previous in your daughters bedroom

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Shellbag29
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have hub 3.0.  Her tablet works fine downstairs and even in my bedroom..(above the hub) but her bedroom next door is poor,  even prime movies stops or don't load on her tv.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Shellbag29 wrote:

I have hub 3.0.  Her tablet works fine downstairs and even in my bedroom..(above the hub) but her bedroom next door is poor,  even prime movies stops or don't load on her tv.

OK - one thing to try first to clear up the Hub3 wifi, that does help in lots of examples like this is (if you havent already done it)   Go into the Hub3 settings (go to http://192.168.0.1  or  http://192.168.100.1 in your browser) and in "smart wifi" disable the "channel optimisation".  Then, in advanced>wireless>security, rename the 2.4 & 5 GHz network ssid's.  Just change the names to whatever you like and something that will differentiate them - e.g - xxxxx2 & xxxxx5) use the same password  if you like or a new one you will remember,  Then, save settings and restart Hub.  Your 2 wifi networks will now be clearly separated and you can then select the network to connect to individually on each device.  The 5GHz network is usually better and subject to less interference and the 2.4 has greater "range" but is subject to "local" interference.  Ask your daughter to try and connect tablet and TV to each in turn and see which is the better one for each.  If that doesnt help - post back.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Shellbag29
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I can't log into to the hub... it says page can not be displayed

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shellbag29,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. It may help to try the following so we can rule some things out:

Pop the hub into Modem Mode with the computer in Safe Mode with Networking at different times of the day.

Try on separate devices.

Check Ethernet cable. Make sure it is new / up to date. (Cat 5e or above).

Make sure device is capable of agreed speed.

Check wireless card slide.

If you are trying to log into the hub try:

192.168.0.1 in the browser, log in  Username is admin and the password will be changeme, unless you have changed it.

Go to Advanced settings.

Go to Network Status

Take care.

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Shellbag29
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can't sign into the hub. That password wontbwork

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If your using a hub 3 need to use settings password on the hub if that doesn't work would need to press reset using pin hole for 30 seconds, just don't reboot hub during process

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Shellbag29
Tuning in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've renamed 2.4 and 5

My tv only finds 2.4...and only has 8mbps

0 Kudos