Menu
Doother
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Poor service

Had anybody cancelled there contract ? 

Really don’t feel like I get what I pay for .. 

paying for best broadband they provide but get nothing but intermittent internet , my heating , home cameras and house alarm are all internet connected and get nothing but daily emails because they list connection due to poor broadband.

had enough now and phoning customer services does nothing but make the situation worse as you go round in circles testing equipment when I know it’s not that as other customers local to me are having same issues .

im going to

cancel due to breach of contract and was wondering if anyone had gone through same process .

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor service

If you want to cancel you need to either go through the complaints procedure, or cancel due to the impending price rise. The latter option is far easier.

Cancelling due to "breach of contract" isn't a thing, generally. You would have to prove breach and VM's TOS are pretty watertight, so its the least attractive option.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Doother wrote:

paying for best broadband they provide but get nothing but intermittent internet , my heating , home cameras and house alarm are all internet connected and get nothing but daily emails because they list connection due to poor broadband.

The common factor there is that these are all connected by wifi.  So you have a wifi issue which isn't "guaranteed" by VM because of the obvious construction/interference parameters.  If that's something you want help to try and resolve then post back with more details. 

If you just want to leave call retentions on 150 or 0345 454 1111 options 1-1-4-5 "thinking of leaving"  (They are open Monday - Friday 8am - 8pm and on Saturday from 8am - 6pm. - 08.01 is best!) you usually get a UK call centre (it might still be a 30’+ wait though) who are more understanding and helpful.  Tell them you want to leave because of these problems - and they will sort it for you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Doother, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection. I have taken a look and it seem there is an issue with SNR on the connection. 

I have raised this to networks to investigate further and I will let you know as soon as we know more. 

Please follow jbrennand's advice if you do wish to leave as we cannot cancel an account over the forums apologies for this. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Doother, 

Just a quick update a fault has been raised ref F006662276 for SNR and FECS. The current review date is 01/11/2018. 

Please give this thread a bump closer to the time and we will get an update for you. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Doother
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello , 

SNR ? 

Sorry I don’t know what it is lol

i don’t want to leave at my previous house there was no problems in 4 years it worked great , at new house however it’s constant . 

Thanks for the reply 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Nicola_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Doother

Apologies we do tend to get used to using acronyms and techno babble sometimes, SNR = signal to noise ratio. Basically we have a problem in the area with intermittent noise and this may cause you some packet loss or brief loss of connection. It can be quite difficult to track down due to its intermittent nature and as it may originate from almost anywhere including any customers premises. Our engineers are still on the case reference F006662276 with a current estimated fix date of 02 NOV 2018.

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Nicola_C wrote:
It can be quite difficult to track down due to its intermittent nature and as it may originate from almost anywhere including any customers premises.

The engineers have my sympathy with this type of problem as we were the source of one such fault when my lad moved and reconnected his V6 with some amazon cheapo coax and connectors!  Sheer luck they caught it when I called in a separate fault - mea culpa - most embarassing Smiley Happy

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.