cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service continues eh12 Edinburgh !!!!

gritts
Tuning in

Why has this problem not been sorted yet in eh12 Edinburgh area ???? Had dodgy internet/WiFi/emails for nearly 3 weeks ! Internet off on off on off on off on !!!!!! Are virgin media doing something in this area and not telling us ? My wife works from home and we are both having to use our mobile phones to get steady internet with a hotspot,why should I be paying virgin media for broadband when they can’t provide a steady service,sick fed up of this crap service and Ive been a virgin media customer for years 

and yes I’m having to use my mobile hot spot to send this email 

6 REPLIES 6

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Is this happening with WiFi or ethernet connections or both?

Set up a free BQM monitor and post a live link here. It will show any dropouts of the service.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/qualityThinkbroadband BQM

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

That's not showing properly.  Check that you gave it your correct IP address, and read the advice notes on that page.

Are you using WiFi or ethernet connections or both and do they both drop out?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi,can’t seem to get this monitor thing working ? Anyway here’s an update after more phonecalls to virgin media,they now told me the cable running from the virgin hub to my tp link 5400x is faulty as the broadband has been connected at my property has been on for more than 20hrs,if its not the cable then its a faulty router ! Ok tried the cable and disconnected the tp link altogether and ran the 3.0 hub on its own and guess what ? Yes I’m still getting pages not loading and WiFi dropouts !! To be fair its not as bad but the problem is still there !! When I first upgraded to 500mb it was lightning quick no dropouts or problems but over the past 3 weeks its been downhill,spent 58 mins on the phone last night to tell them there’s still a fault in my service and ended up having to put the phone down as I was sick of waiting on them to answer,what am I supposed to do ??? Just live with this **bleep** ? Pay them monthly for a service they are not providing me ?? I need solid WiFi and internet at my property as my wife works from home and I feel virgin are just fobbing us off ! I’m now sending the tp link 5400x back as faulty but is it faulty ? Probably not 

and the dropouts are on wired and WiFi 

sitting I’m my kitchen on my iPad with WiFi and last 30 mins the wifi has dropped off at least 4 times,can see the yellow bar appear on my Alexa showing disconnects on wifi also,what a joke this is 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Have you checked for any “known network faults”

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

If nothing shows on both of those then lets see the connection status data - first post the link to "share live graph" that is underneath the BQM data then......

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1  (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login if you have done so before unless you have the New Hub4 when you do] click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle of first page up and then copy/paste as “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 pages from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi gritts

Thanks for posting. Apologies about the broadband issue.

From running a check on the system, I can see you've spoke to the team since posting and we've booked a tech out. 

This can be tracked or altered in your Online Account

Let us know how the visit goes. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill