cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor latency in games, and dropping teams meetings

Mercman123
On our wavelength

Hi All, for the last couple of weeks, since maintenance was done in our area , and also since VOIP was turned on we have had intermittent and frequent problems with latency and the inability to even use teams or webex on my laptop and PS5s. Download speeds are varying between 90 and 500mbs and uploads although 30-40mbs the PS5s never go over 8mbs. We have tried hard wiring into the hub4 and get the same results.

My hub network settings are below.

Screenshot_20220802-202516_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220802-202523_Samsung Internet.jpg

I tried a BQM for 2 days which had pings if around 10-30mS and alot of spikes as expected. 

Can someone from virgin please contact me, as the status tests are not showing any issues. But this does seem to be a coincidence. Download and upload are not the only things required foe good Internet 

10 REPLIES 10

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mercman123

Welcome back to the community. 

Really sorry to hear that you're having intermittent issues with your broadband at this time. I have checked the system at our side and everything looks good and in spec at our side. 

Are you able to post a live BQM link on your thread so we can see what it's reading?

Please also make sure your laptop is fully updated with it's drivers and software and run a speed test. You can also use our Sam Knows here to see what speeds you are getting at the router and what speeds your devices are receiving. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

today the speed is down by 50% and even worse than before I posted. we usually get wifi speeds around 400-500mbs we are now getting 200-300mbs 2m from the hub, even after a reboot

I'm away for the next 2 weeks, so cant check BQM, will try to setup again.

Please do pop back after your time away and let us know if need further assistance.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

problems are getting worse.

here is the llive think broadband tests

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/96e350f55956f7dd9dcef0a027519d58efbdb5ac-23-08-2022

disney+ buffering, ping in gaming 13000 at one point

slow downloads through hub 400mbs instead of 600mbs normally

Screenshot_20220823-232155_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thanks for providing the BQM Mercman123, it's been a few days since your post. Has this continued or has it improved since your post? We've taken a look at your connection and equipment and it shows as all of the levels are where we would expect them to be.

Rob

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@Robert_P wrote:

We've taken a look at your connection and equipment and it shows as all of the levels are where we would expect them to be.

Yes well its never the levels that are the problem

---------------------------------------------------------------

still happening

there is something on the network from your side, I'm sure causing the problem, things have got worse in the last 6 - 9 months

is it possible that since you turned off my separate dedicated phone line and forced me to use VOIP, This is the real problem