Joining in

Cant use IPlayer, TiVo internet connection keeps dropping

Cant use tablet as internet connection keeps dropping

Cant use Messenger, what’s app etc as connection keeps dropping

error messages galore

Virgin contacted & sending me round in circles

I pay in full every month for an unreliable service that doesn’t deliver

Virgin are very happy taking my monthly direct debit

When are you going to begin delivering a full service or at least have the courtesy to ring and sort?

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Is it a Tivo with the problems or a V6 connected to the Hub? If the latter is that one ey-thernet cable or wifi.

And are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection related?

What Hub model is it and what are the various Hub lights showing/doing when this happens?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Connection is wi fi

modem upstairs

bbc iPlayer loads intermittently & freezes regularly 

internet connection cuts off regularly 

it’s even dropped in conversation with Virgin media!

Have no idea what V6 connection to hub is so presumably don’t have it. Have been with cable for around 28 years, equipment from Virgin not been updated for years despite concerns & requests being made to Virgin on many many occasions.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you confirm whether its a Tivo or V6 (see below) if it is a V6 how is it connected to the Hub?

Tivo_V6 photo.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi KatyJ, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your services. I can see that our VIP jbrennand has been helping out so thanks for that 🙂

Checking your account, it looks as though you are having some prolonged signal issues with the Hub and the SNR levels on your TiVo box will also need some adjusting. We're not able to do this remotely so I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi KatyJ, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message.

I'm afraid we are not able to make calls via the Forums so unable to get in touch with your husband. 

We can hold off on the engineer's visit for now if you wish but you should be aware that until an engineer has visited, you will still continue to have issues with your services. 

When you are ready to book the engineer in, please pop back to us here and we'll be able to get things sorted for you then 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs