Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Poor internet connection

Really getting fed up with having no internet in my home but paying for it, at my wits end with this service I have been with virgin  for over 12 yrs with great internet but since changing to hub 3 we are only getting internet when in room with hub, I’m now going to contact trading standards and Ombudsman as I keep getting rubbish on phone that my internet is working fine

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor internet connection

Internet connection might be working fine - and perhaps just your wifi signal has problems.
What happens on a device connected directly to the Hub by a Cat5e/6 ethernet cable?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

?????

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you dont know - test it.
If you dont know how ask a tech savvy friend or neighbour to drop in for a cuppa with their laptop and an ethernet cable to test it for you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

What can I do if it is signal?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If the ethernet connected devices, connect ok at the apprpropriate speeds, then VM have delivered what they promised.
If you cant still connect on wifi devices then that's another issue that requires different solutions. In the meantime can friends/relatives etc connect their wifi devices on your network?
If not whats the error message?

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos