Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poor connection on super hub 4

I have a extremely poor connection since being given the super hub 4. I cannot get the speeds I am signed up for (350mbps) and I cannot connect 90% of the time when up stairs in the house. Any one have any idea how to get an engineer appointment as it seems there is no way to contact customer services any more. Apparently the biggest WiFi company in the UK has closed EVERY single customer service centre according to the automated message! I think ideally I need the router moved to a better location which means moving the access point. 

also I was wondering how i have been offered the 1GB internet when my house is still running co axial cable inside and not fibre. Am I being mis sold or will my cable etc be upgraded to manage the higher speeds? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor connection on super hub 4

Virgin don’t sell WiFi. They sell fibre/cable broadband.

Your contractual speeds are those that are delivered to the hub and are achievable by a wired device capable of achieving such speeds, not over WiFi.

They won’t send an engineer out for slow WiFi or WiFi connectivity issues. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If that was the case then why do they not supply/fit access points all over the house for wired connections? I’m paying for a service which includes a wireless connection. We are in the 21st century after all. Although it doesn’t feel like it with the poor quality internet and poor customer service or lack of! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Andylock1992 wrote:

If that was the case then why do they not supply/fit access points all over the house for wired connections? I’m paying for a service which includes a wireless connection. We are in the 21st century after all. Although it doesn’t feel like it with the poor quality internet and poor customer service or lack of! 

It’s not their duty to provide structured cabling in your property - that’s your job to source and install  

Again the service you pay for isn’t wireless - it’s not in your contract and not in your speed guarantee.

And the majority of “21st century” users will know to hardwire their equipment and not rely on WiFi. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos