Menu
Dahonk
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poor connection in Leeds 12

Anyone else getting an intermittent in the Leeds 12 area ? This has been an ongoing issue for about 5-6 weeks now.

On the virgin website the status for the area is no problems and had emails to confirm this but when I ring 150 it states there is still ongoing issues so i think their departments need to liaise with each other and sing from the same song sheet 

I have rang the faults department ( in India ) and was guaranteed the problem will be sorted tomorrow 25.07.19 by 1500 but not holding out much hope as the date for fixing has been put back every week since the problems started

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor connection in Leeds 12

Hi Dahonk,

thank you for contacting us, sorry to hear you are having issues with your services have you checked our outage checker for any known issues and estimated fix times in your area? http://virg.in/service .

If there isn't any issues showing on our outage checker for your area there may be an issue with your individual connection. You can contact our faults team on 0345 454 1111 option 1 then option 3  they are available Monday – Friday 8am-8pm Saturday - Sunday 9am-6pm   so we can do a full diagnostic check and arrange an engineer visit if required.  they are available   Monday – Friday 8am-8pm and Saturday - Sunday 9am-6pm.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Dahonk
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the fast reply

Service status in the area on your website states no issues but again yesterday had an automated text stating ongoing issues and will now be resolved on the 30.07.19. This is now the 9th or 10th text received in the last 5-6 weeks saying that the fix date has been put back. I spoke to a member of you technical team who said it will be all resolved today at 1500 hrs although this a bog standard time that's trotted out in the texts too. I appreciate that running and maintaining the network is a complicated task but this is dragging on way too long.

The only correspondence I have had from Virgin Media recently was that my bill is going up. No mention of the outage the last 6 weeks. If there had been a loss of service for a few hours or a few days then not a major issue but no acknowledgement from anyone until made calls on 150.

I have ordered BT broadband and although it is a slower speed I will be cancelling my Virgin account if BT proves to be reliable as a slower always on connection beats a faster intermittent connection any day.

Plus I had to ask for my account to be flagged as having a poor service when I believe this should be done automatically.

Many regards

Richard 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update Richard.

Sometimes the issues are more complex and require more work than originally anticipated which can delay the estimated fix time provided, however, we try keep this updated on the service status page as well. We keep this page updated with any known area faults that may be being experienced at the address so you can check on this if you ever need an update on the area. 

If you require any further assistance after the estimated repair time given please don't hesitate to let us know and we'll look into this further for you.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos