cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor broadband service

Robertalx
Tuning in

Brighton Westdene my broadband band service for the past 3/4 week keeps going down, and I keep being told check your service in the next 24 hours.

i have visitors while here and during business hours rely on a consistent WiFi service, other than myself having been busy promised a fast reliable service.

please advise what is going on, and should I  be consider a different provider??? 

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
for most up to date info... try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most current situation and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Poor reply from a boy who calls himself a very insightful person, 

how does me checking a telephone service resolve the constant dropping of a service from Virgin media.

thank you for the telephone number, does mr Bernard’s represent Virgin media ?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not been called a boy in the last sixty-odd years 🙂

Mr Bernard (sic) does not represent VM. I am a community member contributing to this "Community Forum" trying to help customers like yourself sort any issues out.

How does it help calling the 0800 number...... well... if it reports an issue with an estimated fixed date/time, then there is little to be done until that issue is resolved by the VM team already working on it - e.g. - no Tech visits can be scheduled until its fixed

If no issues are reported then we can look at your specific issue and connection details and advise how to solve it.

A VM "representative" will be along in a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Good Afternoon @Robertalx

I've been able to look into your local area and can see that we're currently experiencing an outage and this is due to run until 18:00 this evening

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you and we'll do all we can to have this resolved for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for the update 

Robert 

Hi there @Robertalx

I have checked and I can see that this outage has now closed. 

Can I ask how things are now looking for you?

Thank you. 

Robertalx
Tuning in

My Broadband is still giving poor service, I have had this problem for the last two months as previously reported. I have devices that are 

continual being taken off line and need pairing, Broad ban check again today states intermittent faults in the area, 

Please confirm when this will be resolved, also due to poor service compensation for loss of service 

. in the last two days I have rebooted the router twice to attempt to overcome these issues and nothing resolved it.

Robert Barnett

Good Morning @Robertalx, thanks for your post.

I've looked into the local area, and there doesn't appear to be an issue showing. 

Can you please provide us with an update on the performance of the services?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn