Menu
Kieransearl
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Poor Wifi signal

I am at my ends with trying to deal with this problem. My wifi signal doesnt work outside my livingroom! As i live in a flat my bedroom is next door to the hub and i have no signal there. I tried moving my box arround, changing my channel, reseting the box. After calling virgin they did something to my box and told me to wait a few weeks to see if it fixes the issue... a few weeks later still the same so i call up again and they tell me to change the channels again so i did! Calling up a 3rd time, they tell me to change the channels! I tryed to explane to the woman i have aready tryed this multiple times but she wasnt listening to me and kept cutting me off when i was talking! In she end she told me i have to get a signal booster, i am very angry as what is the point in selling wifi that only works in one room! I am pretty sure i have a faulty box. But nobody a virgin media is willing to send someone round to test that!!!! 

0 Kudos
Wezza
Up to speed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Poor Wifi signal

Yer they ate just full of exuces like the I phoned up " your too near the router then you are too fair away " I think the routers are crap myself.
"Pay Peanuts You Get Monkeys"
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

have you split the 2.4 a5 channels and turned off smart wifi - doing that can help

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Kieransearl
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yeah done all that. After calling a 4th time and explaning everything to someone who listened to me, they actuialy checked and could see my router had a signal fault so have sent me out a new one! 

Wezza
Up to speed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Kieransearl wrote:

Yeah done all that. After calling a 4th time and explaning everything to someone who listened to me, they actuialy checked and could see my router had a signal fault so have sent me out a new one! 

Surprise Surprise in the end they don't like admitting faults do our virgin.Smiley Embarassed

"Pay Peanuts You Get Monkeys"
0 Kudos
Skintos
Just joined
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kieranseari, 

Did the new Hub solve the problem?

I'm having the same issue...

Kieransearl

0 Kudos
Skintos
Just joined
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI Tony, 

How do you log into the hub?

I'm having the same issue...

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) and hit return. On the first page up [there should be no need to login] click on the “router status” icon either at the top right or the same text at bottom middle - of the first page up (depending on which hub you have).

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos