KimberleyChels
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poor Wifi Signal

F01172F4-59DA-4F3C-9A78-C5306C11531D.png

752F862B-7511-48D1-B499-181680767FC8.png

42BCF7E5-6CDA-45C9-9333-FCDDA10EB413.png

We have upgraded twice and now have the 200mbps package. We only have a small two bed house, yet if my daughters in her bedroom and trying to watch YouTube it continuously stops to buff. If she tries to FaceTime it constantly comes up ‘poor connection’. I’ve ran the wifi test. It shows as poor signal. I then ran the optimisation and still showed as poor signal. Is there anything else I can do? I’ve tried to ring Virgin multiple times but the phone system goes round in circles! 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Wifi Signal

the best thing for poor wifi is your own better router or mesh system. the VM hubs are entry level and poor for many.

Upgrading the speed on the package will never improve wifi
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi KimberleyChels, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

As per the app screenshot you have posted, you will more than likely benefit from installing a booster or a WiFi pod. WiFi is influenced by the environment so different environments can affect the signal. 

We do offer WiFi pods but these cost £5 per month. You can either order one of these through us or you can purchase one yourself instead. 

These links will also help to optimise the settings so they are working as best as they can. 

Wi-Fi hints and tips
Wi-Fi troubleshooting      

Let us know if you would like to add a pod to your package. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Anonymous wrote:
the best thing for poor wifi is your own better router or mesh system. the VM hubs are entry level and poor for many.

Upgrading the speed on the package will never improve wifi

And there seems to be a spate of CS telling customers it will....Ludicrous! But hey... targets for upselling...

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos