cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Wifi / Low Speeds

ScottSudale88
Joining in

We recently had Virgin Media installed (6th Jan) and have been having some issues with the wifi and performance etc - We have signed up for Volt Gig 1 Fibre Broadband. After reading about other users having issues with the Hub 4, I went and bought a router and used the hub in modem mode - This didn't seem to improve anything.

My partner is working from home and when she is on teams it is shocking! Video constantly freezes and is barely useable, same with facetime etc... This includes over wifi and wired connections. Now thinking this could be something to do with upload speeds? I've currently got my mac wired into the Hub 4 and below are the results from Samknows.

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 15.24.30.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-16 at 15.26.08.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-16 at 15.29.04.png

24 REPLIES 24

i am not satisfied so far...

when i am following procedure it guides me thorough HUB reset..

after it same thing...with my 100mb/s (promise of 110mb/s) on YT and other online video platforms it automatically start video on 480p or even less...when i am changing to 1080 Ultra/2k it says recommended to change to 720p as slow internet. when i change to 720p,it says to change to 480p for a same reason. it is only time to time i can watch on 1080 Ultra and still facing high ping/disconnect for 10 sec. or more so i have to restart a video again! 

as i was testing speed from independent source,it shows only 40-44 mb/s. 

i want to withdraw a contract with a reason that Virgin cant keep a promise even 54 mb/s...

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @thirdearinc

Thanks for posting on our community forum

Sorry to hear about this, are you experiencing these issues via a wired connection after the technician visit?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

wulliebrown17
Joining in

Why is WiFi so crap with virgin?....just installed 1gb and the upload speed upstairs(42mbps) is faster than my download speed(34mbps)...im no techy guy...but surely that can't be right?...ps...I have a booster at top of stairs...

Hi wulliebrown17,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with the WiFi connection.

I've had a look at things from our side, everything looks to be within the specifications we would expect. Are you able to try a pin-hole reset of the hub and let me know if there is any improvement?

Alex_Rm

@wulliebrown17 wrote:

Why is WiFi so crap with virgin?....just installed 1gb and the upload speed upstairs(42mbps) is faster than my download speed(34mbps)...im no techy guy...but surely that can't be right?...ps...I have a booster at top of stairs...

if you think you can do better should wired be fast get your own wifi router with 1Gb ports and use hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------