cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pods

Dairugby1983
Joining in

How long does it take for the WiFi pods to be delivered?  Started a new Volt contract about 4 weeks ago and still no sign of them? 

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Dairugby1983, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums!

I'm sorry to hear that you've not received any pods yet 😞
May I ask if and when did you order the pod? As they won't be just sent out, they have to be requested after some diagnostics are ran.
Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I started with Virgin on 27/02. I took out the volt with broadband with an O2 SIM card which I was told comes with the pods.  That's the only reason why I had the SIM card.  I need to have them as signal goes from 500 by the hub down to 4 in my son's room. 

I was told once my O2 SIM card is active they will be sent out. 

Thanks

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM expect users to use the VM Connect app to identify any wifi black spots.  You can then order 1 Pod via the app.  If anymore are required, I think an engineer has to visit to confirm ? 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the info but that's not what I was told when I took out the contract.  I didn't want/need the SIM card.  But took it to get 3 pods free of charge.  Again disappointed with the services from VM was told a few other things would happen but that's not the case.  

The black spots are in 2 bedrooms my kids aren't happy with the slow internet and the kitchen.  I've used the connect app to identify them.  

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the Connect app is showing black spots there should be no issue with getting Pods.  VM cannot really be expected to send 3 Pods to every VOLT user without first checking they are needed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi there @Dairugby1983 

Thank you so much for popping back to us and we are so sorry to hear that you have felt let down by the service. 

You can order a Pod via the connect app following these steps:

·         Tap Start the scan
·         Then Start the scan again
·         While connect to WiFi, Tap I’m ready
·         Wait 2 mintues for Scan
·         Scan complete, Tap continue
·         Tap Add a room, Tap the room you're in
·         Start the Scan (do this in every room)
·         Scan complete
·         Tap Optimise WiFi now if an option
·         If so, Tap Optimise
·         Optimisation complete, Tap Rescan room, 
·         Tap Start Scan
·         Tap Order a WiFi Booster if an option