cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pods - requested

NixiL
Joining in

Had a new Hub fitted on 20th Jan due to old one being faulty and upgraded package with increased broadband speed. 
Old booster no longer worked with new hub and had to order a Pod. New Pod received and fitted on Saturday. Still no internet connection in the ‘Office’ (since 20th Jan) and was told by Virgin I can’t order another Pod until this Saturday?? Then obviously will need to wait for delivery.

Is there any way I can get another Pod any sooner?

is it worth me sourcing a Wi Fi extender from somewhere else? Or will waiting for another Pod resolve the issue?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pods only work if they have a good signal from the Hub or another Pod.

Think of a chain of people. If they are too far apart they can’t hold hands ……

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you @NixiL!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced with the Wi-Fi services with the new hub and the Wi-Fi pod.

Are you able to connect any devices to the Wi-Fi pod installed? 

If so, have you possibly attempted to relocate the pod closer to your office to see if this allows you to obtain a suitable connection in that room, plus in other areas close by?

When we order a Wi-Fi pod, this comes with a word order on our systems that we need to allow to close before a follow up pods can be ordered, and this is likely the reason why you were advised Saturday for the possibility of a second pod being ordered.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for your response David_Bn 😃

I have tried the pod in a number of places including in the office & ensured it is not behind any furniture. The download speed (according to the Virgin Media App which won’t always connect in that room 🙄) is ‘poor’ (between 0 & 5 Mbps) in the office, hallway & in one of the bedrooms. The internet is constantly dropping out completely in those rooms if we do manage to get anything connected.

I’ll order another pod & place that in a room between the hub & the office to see if that makes a difference 🤞🏼. But think I may need a third one upstairs to try and resolve the bedroom issue.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pods only work if they have a good signal from the Hub or another Pod.

Think of a chain of people. If they are too far apart they can’t hold hands ……

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Morning NixiL.

Thanks for your reply.

I am happy to get another pod ordered for you.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

TeamDj
Joining in

Can someone please help me order a booster pod - I have spent far too much time trying to do something which sjoild

be so simple. I am a very unhappy virgin customer today !!!

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi TeamDj,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with ordering pods, so we can investigate this further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain

Hi Gareth

I've recently upgraded to WiFi Max and have my first pod installed, which has massively improved the WiFi speed in some rooms. There are still some areas with very poor connection and I've been trying to get through the VM telephone maze to order a second pod but have given up and I'm hoping I'll have more success with this route. 

Ultimately I think we'll need the three we're allowed because there's no way to position the pods to 'overlap' sufficiently but I appreciate I have to try one extra at a time. (We previously had four third-party extenders, which worked reasonably well unless you moved from one part of the house to another).

Can you help me with getting a second/third pod ordered.

Kind regards

Nigel

Hey NigelCHP,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your connection, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Hi Steven

No need to apologise, the one pod we have is already make life easier as in most rooms we no longer have to change to a different wifi. If we can the whole house working that way I will be delighted.

I'll look out for your DM

N