cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pods stopped working

Dazeasty
Tuning in

Just upgraded to the Hub 5 and i have 2 wifi pods which are both not connected and flashing white, i have restarted the hub and plugged them in nearer it but still no joy, i need them to work to get wifi in my conservatory, please help!

13 REPLIES 13

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Once you receive the pod(s) you should be aware of the following requirements for the pods to work with the Hubs.

The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'
Channel Optimisation must be left on
The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled
The SSID must be password protected
The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match
As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pods will automatically connect to your Hub's WiFi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pods will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect up the devices in the home. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I haven't got the option to change channel optimisation, it's disabled and greyed out so i can't toggle it on.

Hey Dazeasty, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry your pods aren't working.

Since you a new hub you will need to set the pods up again, you are going to need to do a factory reset of them.

There should be a little hole on them, once you have done that you can find out to set them up again via this link. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

• Nope, no hole, only the ethernet port. 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
They may not have been activated properly onto your account - check.

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers and also your account number

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Phoned up and have just been told they don't have any pods compatible with the hub 5 yet despite them confirming they've sent me a new one!!!

So I've upgraded my package but can't actually use the extra TV box as I can't get a WiFi signal without the pod!

Ridiculous 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
CS misinformation - they may not have been informed that the Pods are compatible with the Hub5 yet. So just try again (see link for other options) - or a VM person will sort it when they get here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi Dazeasty

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Apologies for the Pod issue and the mis-communication about the Pods and hub 5. They do work with the Hub 5, thanks as always jbrennand for providing the correct advise here. 

I will have this fed back. From a system check ran, they've been re-provisioned since posting, has this resolved your issue?

Keep me posted if not as we'll be more than happy to assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Nope still not working, they just continue to flash and my connect app doesn't connect to the hub either