cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pods not pairing with hub4

Joining in

Having called CS 5 or 6 times pods still won’t connect with hub. Anyone any ideas? followed all advise on Virgin website.

6 REPLIES 6

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi 6666, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the pods, does this happen on one pod or multiple? 

What error message are you getting? 

Is there anything showing in the connect app? 

How is the service since posting?

Kind regards, Chris. 

Lichtie61
Joining in

Hi 6666, I recently had virgin media installed and have had same issues with pods not connecting to hub 4 so would be good if anyone had any ideas.

Hi 

still not connecting after endless calls to virgin finally told a hub 4 update has caused them now not to connect they are trying to roll back update but not had contact from them even though promised a call on Friday to update me on the know issue.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pods are designed to only work when the Hub is setup with factory settings.  Any deviation can cause problems.

Try a 60 second factory pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible. NOTE this will remove any custom settings you may have set in the Hub, and they will all have to be setup again.

Also some users have reported the WPS button has worked for the Pods.  Make sure the Pods are within a good strong wifi signal of the Hub initially.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tried all that many times still no joy.

Hi @6666 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community.

My apologies for the Pod issue and also the callback not happening.

I've spoke to the call centre agent and they'll contact you asap.

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill