cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pods not delivered yet

Jamiefors
Tuning in

Hello

I signed up to the O2 volt offer and have had my O2 benefits and my wifi boosted from 350mb to 500mb, all good

But I haven't received my pod yet, any chance someone could look into this please, if there's a shortage then cool but really need one

Many thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jamiefors 👋,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. Great to have you with us here. 😊

I'm sorry to hear you've not yet received your WiFi Pod. Is there anything showing under 'Orders & Appointments' via your 👉 online account

Thank you

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Jamiefors
Tuning in

h

It looks like you don't have any open orders!

That's what it says, I did this online  while ago now

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol

Hi @Jamiefors

Sorry to hear that your WiFi pods have not been ordered for you. Before we are able to order pods for you we'll need to run through some diagnostics. 

Do you have any issues with your devices connected to a wired connection at all? 

What connection issues are you experiencing? Is it just that the speeds are slow or is the service intermittent at all?

Upon checking the systems at our side. We’ve detected high levels of wireless interference within the customer's home which is affecting wireless performance.

Wireless interference can be caused by the signals coming from other routers or any electrical devices in close proximity. This interference can affect the speed & stability of the wireless signal.

The detected wireless interference in your home will have a negative impact on your overall wireless performance. Wherever possible it is always advised to plug in your devices with an ethernet cable.

Desktop PCs, laptops and games consoles would benefit from an ethernet cable connection where possible.

For devices that are used some distance away from the Hub, powerline adaptors may help resolve the wireless issues to these devices.

What else can be done to fix a wireless interference issue?

• There are potential changes to the home environment which can improve wireless performance
  • Using the wireless default settings & not splitting SSIDs
  • Making sure the correct wireless channel/band is in use
  • Using a cabled connection where possible

The Hub's location could be causing the interference problem – check that it is:

• Out in the open
  • Next to the TV not behind it
  • Away from large bodies of water (e.g. fish tanks)
  • Away from baby monitors and cordless phones
  • Away from microwaves

Think of the Hub as a radio, and WiFi as the sound - the further away you are from the radio, or the more obstacles that are in the way (walls, electronic devices etc.), the quieter the radio & the poorer the WiFi.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi

Really, actually the wifi is pretty good so what checks did you do and what were your results ?

The issue is upstairs which ive said about a hundred times which is why I upgraded and told I was entitled to this pod.

Could you please just send this out s I have been waiting over 4 months now 

Thank you 🙂

Helloooooo, is there anybody in there, just nod if you can hear me, is there anyone home..........

Thesis beyond a joke now.

Could I have the number to cancel please because ive had enough and I'll go somewhere else, so could someone drop the number that I need to cancel please 

Hi Jamiefors, thanks for getting back to us.  

Sorry to hear that you've still not received a pod and this has led to you wishing to leave us.  To cancel, you would need to call on 0345 454 1111 or 150, if you have a Virgin Media landline/Virgin Mobile service.  The usual way to order a pod is by running a health check of your property with our connect app.  Alternatively, I would like to take a look on your behalf, to see if we can get you a pod.  I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R