cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pod stops providing internet

CarDex2020
On our wavelength

Unsure if anyone else is experiencing the same but lately, every couple of days I need to reboot my hub to get the internet coming through my pod. I get perfect signal and quality for a day or 2 then... Although the signal is strong the internet cannot seem to get through. A speed test when good is close to that of the main hub. When bad the speed test shows less than 0.1mbs download. we are on gig1. 

After the reboot of the hub we have a few good days again.

We have hub4 with 1 WiFi pod.

13 REPLIES 13

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

The pods are unreliable and not a good option especially if you’re paying the monthly rental for them 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

I get them free with volt. And when they are working my blackspots are gone and quality is perfect. The signal remains strong. As in I get full bars on the WiFi symbol. It just seems like the pod forgets it needs to send the internet out. Even on ethernet from the pod. No actual internet comes out and speed test is 0.1mbs if it manages to load samknows page. Which is hit and miss when it's playing up

Which room/area has the weak Wifi and where are you placing the pod?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

Well blackspots is upstairs front of the house while the hub is downstairs back of house. So I put the pod directly above the router upstairs. Like I said the signal is perfect for a few days then all of a sudden. Signal is strong bit the data doesn't appear to transmit

Well it happened last night. Record breaking super fast speed of 0.01mbs 😂

Screenshot_20220213-000929_SamKnows Test.jpg

You also need to Speedtest with wired devices to see if it’s just affecting Wifi or wired connections as well

When I hook a wire upto my pod I get the same result. I cannot run the speed test on my laptop as I cannot even load the website. I can get onto the Google home page after about 5 minutes but of I try navigate to samknows or any other website it just loads indefinitely. 

When the pods work they're a decent solution, on the other hand sometimes they're problematic for a range of differing reasons, and sometimes it pays to consider other options.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @CarDex2020

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding the issues you are having with your Pods, I'm sorry to hear that the Pods keep losing signal every couple of days. That is not ideal. Have you tried performing a pinhole reset on your Hub and repairing the Pods?

Please follow these steps to complete a Pin Hole reset:

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.
With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.
Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.
DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Let me know if this improves things!

Kind regards,

Serena