cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pod inteligent Wifi

wujek23amork
Tuning in

hello - I bought a Virgin smart wifi to extend the signal at home, because there is no internet in one of the rooms. After plugging it into the socket - it lights up for some time - this is normal. in the virgin media connect app - I want to add pods, but I see this message - according to our system, you dont have any WIFI pods to install

8 REPLIES 8

Portery
Fibre optic

Did you order the pod through vm directly if you didn’t it won’t work . If you are a volt customer they are free but otherwise it’s £8 per month through wifi max. If you got the pods from home pass you would have to download the home pass app. Any other way for eg bought a pod from somebody else they won’t work each pod is assigned to a hub and that hub only. Any 3rd party boosters u can’t assigned to the connect app.

more info on wifi max

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max?_gl=1*1e7ew67*_ga*MTQ2OTI5NDYxNS4xNjY5MTU3NTY5*_ga_7NQRHWTHK9*M... 

more info on HomePass 

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/customer-exclusive/virgin-media-plume-homepass-wifi-boost

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @wujek23amork,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you're facing an issue with a Wi-Fi Pod you've purchased. As @Portery has asked, did you purchase this directly from us or a third party? Can you also confirm that this is definitely one of our Wi-Fi Pods and not third party equipment?

I'd also recommend following these tips to ensure you've completed set up correctly.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

thank you for all the hints .... Yes, this is the latest smart wifi pod - I bought it second-hand from another vergin broadband user (he did not use it and did not need it) - I previously read that it is compatible with my hub 4

Thank you for letting us know @wujek23amork

Unfortunately Virgin Media equipment is the property of Virgin Media and cannot be sold on to another party. 

The equipment is assigned specifically to an account and we would not be able to assign some else's equipment to you. 

Thank you. 

@wujek23amork wrote:

thank you for all the hints .... Yes, this is the latest smart wifi pod - I bought it second-hand from another vergin broadband user (he did not use it and did not need it) - I previously read that it is compatible with my hub 4

Ah yes, as mentioned above, you have just wasted your money, also technically in receipt of stolen goods, although I'd really not lose any sleep over the latter!

It won't work and will never work.

why if the smart wifi pod is assigned to a specific network and client, so many people sell these devices on ebay - not used, new - people buy them?

I once read an article about the fact that you can get this device for a small monthly fee from virgina, or buy it at your own expense - I'm not entirely yours if you're right, so give it to vergin and ask - thanks for all the information

Well people sell all sorts of stuff on eBay, doesn’t mean it’s all legit, does it!

VM equipment is ‘loaned’ to customers while they are paying, it never, ever belongs to them and if they sell it then effectively they are stealing it from VM, who incidentally will want the original owner to return it - might be embarrassing.

OK technically you have bought stolen goods, it wasn’t the sellers property to sell in the first place. But VM absolutely WILL NOT activate any device that wasn’t supplied directly by them, because if they do then they are condoning and encouraging this practice. I’m sorry but you have effectively bought a door stop.