cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pod connection unknown

samosa
Superfast

I received my pod yesterday, it's currently placed 1m from Hub5 but nothing seems to be happening.

The pods light pulses green and then white and flash blue before cycling through. I've reset the hub (holding reset button for 30 seconds) and restarted pod multiple times.

I contacted Virginmedia last night whom said i need to wait 24 hours before it will be connected but not feeling confident as agent wasn't sure themselves why it's not working.

I've had a look now and still giving the same behaviour as above, in the connect app connection is showing as Unknown and light still behaving the same way

I've had a look online and it looks like all that is needed is to wait 10 minutes and the pod should activate but wondering if something else is wrong or my account hasn't been correctly provisioned? Is waiting 24 hours the norm?

4 REPLIES 4

samosa
Superfast

Over 24 hours and still not working.

Hi @samosa, thanks for reaching out to us on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear the little pod hasn't connected yet 😞
Are you able to connect the pod with via an ethernet cable to the VM hub?
Also follow and use the guidance on the Connect App to install them.

Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Maybe it just me but feel there isn't clear information on this or I've missed it somewhere.

Anyway I think I've connected as i can now see pod in connect app although when clicking on connection it cant calculate Wifi pods health.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello samosa.

Thank you very much for your reply. 

Fingers crossed the Pod is now working as it is intended to do.

If you need any more help we have a handy page here 

Gareth_L