cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pod and App stopped working

RossHewitt
Tuning in

Hey all,

This morning both my pod  and connect app can't detect my hub4.  the Pod flashes green both with Wi-Fi and ethernet cable connected and the app says "Oops! something went wrong."

Rebooted entire network; hub, pod and all Wi-Fi devices several time, I even got out an ethernet cable for the pod and even though I can see the pod connected in the hub via the web portal it still flashes green.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi Adduxi,

Sorry, I was not was probably not very clear. I can connect to the hub via a browser and if connected to the hub Wi-Fi I have full internet access. it's only the connect app and the pod that don't work, I've seen quite a few people having issues with the pod and the green flashing LED, but I have not seen any mention of the app going at the same time.

I've tried a full factory reset on the Hub and the Connect App still does not work, and now the pod has a blue flashing LED 1 short 2 long and 1 short and back to the start **nope its back to green again**

RossHewitt
Tuning in

Interestingly, after speaking to VM support both the pod and app are being effected by an external issue, so even though my Hub is fine and not effected the subcomponents are. That suggests that both the pod and connect app have some external internet requirements, while I understand that with the app it does worry me that if I have an internet outage I will also have a LAN outage limiting access to printers and NAS.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, AFAIK the app does use an external VM database that must sync up the Hub and App.  As for the Pods, I'm not sure.  I did read on here recently about using the WPS function of the Hub to re-pair the Pods.  That may be worth a try ?

As for the app itself, I never use it.  I tried it once as a test, but as it didn't pick up the Hub, nor the VM wifi, it was uninstalled. 99.99% of the time I use modem mode, so it was of little use to me anyway. 

They have both started working again at the same time, it does suggest a linked issue.

thanks for the original post 👊👍