Did you mean: 

Please help me to turn off Wi-Fi sharing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

I need the hub to STOP broadcasting/sharing my Wi-Fi 

in my friends account there is a option for him to opt out as follows 

In his my Virgin Media account page He find an option that says:
Opt out of Virgin Media WiFi. Your Hub will no longer be part of the WiFi hotspot network, but you'll still be able to access Virgin Media WiFi hotspots whilst on the move.

However, I can not see this on my account as this option. Have spoken to number of staff they don’t have clue about this also it’s Broadcasting as virgin media of the Wi-Fi search list am at my ends wit with this.

24 REPLIES 24

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jjo5555  I suspect that it may just be poorly worded.  My Hub has been opted out for years but it doesn't stop me using VM WiFi hotspots when out and about.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@Graham_A wrote:

@jjo5555  I suspect that it may just be poorly worded.  My Hub has been opted out for years but it doesn't stop me using VM WiFi hotspots when out and about.

Possibly, but I suggest this is something new as they would surely have used the old wording.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jjo5555  I have asked the VM Community staff to clarify this.  I will let you know what they say, if I can.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jjo5555 I have had confirmation that the wording is wrong.  Opting you home Hub out of VM WiFi hotspots will not stop a VM customer accessing the VM WiFi hotspots when away from home.

@Graham_A wrote:

@jjo5555 I have had confirmation that the wording is wrong.  Opting you home Hub out of VM WiFi hotspots will not stop a VM customer accessing the VM WiFi hotspots when away from home.

Thanks Graham. 
interesting. So do you think they will change the wording or is it intentional to stop too many people opting out?