Did you mean: 

Please help me to turn off Wi-Fi sharing

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

I need the hub to STOP broadcasting/sharing my Wi-Fi 

in my friends account there is a option for him to opt out as follows 

In his my Virgin Media account page He find an option that says:
Opt out of Virgin Media WiFi. Your Hub will no longer be part of the WiFi hotspot network, but you'll still be able to access Virgin Media WiFi hotspots whilst on the move.

However, I can not see this on my account as this option. Have spoken to number of staff they don’t have clue about this also it’s Broadcasting as virgin media of the Wi-Fi search list am at my ends wit with this.

24 REPLIES 24

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Of course you should be able to turn it off, no question of that. 

But could I ask why you are so concerned about this? I might be missing something. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi @Anonymous are you able to log into your My Virgin Media account in your browser and  go to Account Settings - WiFi Hotspots? The settings should be there but if not, please provide a screenshot of the error message you see and the browsers that you have tried.

Thanks,

Lisa

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous  When following the advice from Lisa_CC make sure that you log in with your primary username and not a secondary account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aha looks like it is working again 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that’s worked and also has gotten rid of the “virgin media” from searchable networks very happy that don’t have to share it!  

But very strange did go into that setting all week but kept taking me to help page now seem to haves worked so thanks! If the site is not working any time customers should be notified stops all this chasing.

Thanks Lisa for your help finally a vm staff member knows what I was talking about. Please inform all your telephone customers support about these options as I spoke to 5 different vm staff none of them knew what I was talking about and they offered completely different help! Thanks 🙏 😊 

thanks

Thanks for getting back to me @Anonymous and pleased it's working for you now. @Graham_A  bought it to our attention so we could let out back office team know to squash it 🙂

Regards,

Lisa

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Graham_A  Many thanks for your help too on this issue 🙏 Thanks!

Trouble is the new option is not the same thing at all.

The old one said: "Opt out of Virgin Media WiFi. Your Hub will no longer be part of the WiFi hotspot network, but you'll still be able to access Virgin Media WiFi hotspots whilst on the move."

The new says if you opt out you won’t be able to use hotspots in the move. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Wouldn't it be rather selfish to use other people's hotpots, while denying them the use of your own? 

I'd say the two should go together. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

@jpeg1 wrote:

Wouldn't it be rather selfish to use other people's hotpots, while denying them the use of your own? 

I'd say the two should go together. 

I’d be happy to not use others but this stops you using their commercial hot spots too