cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playstation unable to connect

IhateVM3
On our wavelength

My Playstation 5 can no longer connect to the 5G and when it connects to the 2.4G it’s speeds are within the 5-10mbps range for download and I’ll be lucky to have 1mbps upload. This was not the case as of 3 weeks ago, the ps5 could connect to the 5G and had better speeds on 2.4H in comparison to now. 
I have a Hub4 and have seen a post made at the end of September indicating lots of other Hub4 users are having issues with connecting their playstations which were previously fine. 
I can’t connect with default settings or my usual altered DNS and IP settings, I even have my ps5 portforwarded yet as of 3 weeks ago none of this works for the 5G and the 2.4G frequently disconnects and provides poor speeds. 
Can you fix this already

Forgot to mention mobile devices keep disconnecting every hour or so too however far less frequently than the PS5

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try this first

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker.

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello IhateVM3

Sorry to hear of your wireless network issues regarding your PS5, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

From looking at the equipment and connection we can confirm that all of the levels are within the spec's and ranges we'd expect to see. We can only see 3 disconnections in the last week with one being earlier today. The speeds seem fine in relation to the package but there are 24 devices showing as connected to your wireless network.

We have help here for wireless network signal strength and range, there is help here for instances where the wireless network isn't working. You can find out how to run a speed test here but would recommend running this via an ethernet cable using either a laptop or PC.

Rob