cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Play store not fully downloading apps

JustWhy
Tuning in

I have four androiod devices, all diferent makes, and on none of them is the play store working properly. Very random in what it will and won't fully download. Will download when connected to my work WiFi and my friend's BT as well as my 3 mobile data. I even factory reset my tablet, which was a ball ache, but same problem persists. Wifi seems to be inconsistent as some streeming services are fine, and then others get stuck. When checking on VM site it says all ok. Very frustrating.

Have tried clearing data for install manager/play store/google/etc, uninstalling google account, reseting and restoring (devices and hub 3), checked that I have enough storage, have enabled wifi, have checked firewall (although I don't know enough about this, so only did as suggested on google).

I am not going to get a VPN, why should I pay more to be able to access a service I already pay for.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Possibly an IP problem.  Could you try using a free VPN just as a test?  I wouldn't recommend it as a permanent solution but it would establish if it's the IP that they don't like.

You could also try changing to a different DNS setting.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

What message do you get when the app fails to install? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Just that it couldn't update. Unless I sit and watch it update (which is an undetermined amount of time) it doesn't even give me the option to email anyone. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Possibly an IP problem.  Could you try using a free VPN just as a test?  I wouldn't recommend it as a permanent solution but it would establish if it's the IP that they don't like.

You could also try changing to a different DNS setting.

- jpeg1