cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned maintenance work

Doster
Joining in

How can I find out when planned maintenance work will be carried out in my area?  I received a letter from Virgin some weeks ago but can’t remember the date.

12 REPLIES 12

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good Morning @Doster 

A very warm welcome to the forums. Thank you for taking the time to post. 

Please could you provide us with your post code so that we are able to advise on this. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Good morning Zak M

My postcode is PO7 8BB

Thanks I have passed your details on to the colleague in question

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Danoboy27
Joining in

Hi I live in Portarlington my eircode is R32HP30 I received a letter to say virgin media was working on Patrick Street next week which was 5 weeks ago I seen them working for few days but stopped before my house havent seen them since 

Hi, we received a letter a while ago advising us that essential maintenance work is due on our road tomorrow. Since then we have had tighter covid restrictions put in place and children are being home-schooled, often online via Zoom with their teachers. Is there a way to check if planned maintenance is still going ahead so that we can make alternative arrangements please? Our post code is AL5 5PJ. Thank you and kind regards, John

@johnsw wrote:
Hi, we received a letter a while ago advising us that essential maintenance work is due on our road tomorrow. Since then we have had tighter covid restrictions put in place and children are being home-schooled, often online via Zoom with their teachers. Is there a way to check if planned maintenance is still going ahead so that we can make alternative arrangements please? Our post code is AL5 5PJ. Thank you and kind regards, John

Phone the number on the letter 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Unfortunately we put the letter in our recycling bin before Christmas as we were unaware that we would be going into lockdown and homeschooling after Christmas!  Do you know the number we should call please?  Thank you.

Eonex
Joining in

I live in NW3 postcode area. When I call customer service I am told there are planned maintenance works being done today and all should be done and working by 12:15pm. Internet was down all morning yesterday and painfully slow ever since.

However the Virgin Media status checker claims there are NO KNOWN ISSUES in my area!

How are maintenance works with issues with internet that VM admit on their phone message "no known issues" for their website? Also... I don't recall ever receiving a VM letter or any other form of notification that there will be maintenance works.

I wasted a day of work because of this when I could have made other arrangements!

Where can I find out about planned maintenance work for my area in the future?

Could be emergency planned works.

(Unfortunately) with a residential service there's no SLA for faults and repairs so "technically" no notice has to be given

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi