cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned Maintenance - What to Expect

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve had an email to say planned works are taking place in my area tomorrow. It’s no issue and I appreciate being told in advance. The email states it’s to future proof the network etc. 

Typically, does anyone know what to expect? Will there be disruption to both TV and broadband?

Thanks in advance. 

7 REPLIES 7

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How long is a piece of string.  It could be minutes, or it could be days.  I would have thought VM should have given some sort of  ball park figure on the outage.?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

It says services should be restored by 6pm, but I was wondering with these types of works if all services will be disrupted?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As all your services are via a single cable, then I would expect all services to be affected.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Looks like they've deleted their account now

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

I currently have this issue of downtime for planned work, however, there is no info as to why they are doing this planned work? How can I find this out?

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How can I find this out?”

You cannot, classed as commercially sensitive data.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi just-the5,

Welcome to the Community Forums! Thank you for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you're currently affected by a planned network outage. I haven't been able to check the outage from this end using your details, so I've been unable to confirm why. However, planned outages are usually do to upgrades we're carrying out on the network.

You can track most faults and planned outages from our services status page.

Beth