cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phones cannot connect to wifi

Mbrane1607
Just joined

Hi all, I have Virgin Media broadband, but 2 of the devices in our house cannot get Internet via wifi ( an iphone and an Android). Both can connect to the box, but there is no Internet connection. Wifi works fine on all other devices. 

Any idea why and what to do?

Many thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Reset the network settings on the devices then connect them again

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Hi, thanks for your answer. I have deleted the networks from the devices, reconnected, re entered the password many times but it didn t help.

Any other way to reset?

Thanks!

iPhone:

Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

Android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.
Tap RESET SETTINGS.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Mbrane1607 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with getting your devices connected. 

Have you managed to follow the advise Gary_dexter has advised? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

mickkkkkky
Joining in

I think the problem is Virgin broadband is garbage. They're the only provider in the area who can offer high speed - with realistically no competition, it doesn't seem to really matter that the performance is poor on a regular basis. As more and more providers start offering adequate speeds for modern living hopefully it'll either kick Virgin into gear and sorting themselves out, or at least there'll be alternatives that are more reliable