Menu
bswvilla
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Phone / broadband totally U/S and now will to wait to 17Oct for repair

Hi,

I posted on here a couple of weeks ago about my broadband, WiFi and phone dropping out, an engineer has been out twice and although no physical fault found the hub log revealed fluctuations in the signal strength on the fibre to the hub. The engineer on his last visit 29/9 checked a few more things and changed all the connections etc and said if this did not work the incoming fibre to the house may have to be changed. Sadly after a few days the hub was dropping out again and I contacted the engineer and he spoke to the network team who confirmed that the only solution was to change the fibre and they would try and get this done ASAP hopefully by Saturday. On Saturday afternoon I spoke to customer services to ask what was happening, I was informed that the replacement fibre install was booked for the 17th October, a 11 day delay. I said that this was totally unacceptable especially as I have no phone or broadband service, but  no one seemed to care or be bothered about my situation. After being passed from pillar to post with various people trying to get the date brought forward I was told that a manager would call me back with 24hrs about my complaint. 48hours later still no contact. Does anybody know of a contact number or e-mail of some one that might be able to help and kick some ass ? My experience with VM customer services can only be described as shockingly poor and that's being polite !

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone / broadband totally U/S and now will to wait to 17Oct for repair

Hi bswvilla,

Thanks for posting back here and updating us after the engineer appointment.

When a re-pull is booked in, it can take some time to get permission for the works to be completed and the engineers need to access how much cable is required.

My apologies that this will not be completed within the time-frame that was mentioned.

In regards to this issue, I have sent you a PM with more information.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos