cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Persistent buffering

M1K2
Joining in

Hi,

I have recently received a replacement Virgin Media box to deal with buffering but the issue is still on going and the buffering frequency has increased. What can be done to resolve?

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this
_________

Is the buffering only evident on wifi connections or do you see it at the same time on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection/Hub related?

What Hub model is it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi, 

It occurs when I’m watching catch up tv /Netflix and sometimes randomly my phone wifi will go off, even if not watch tv.

My VM box is connect to the router via wireless connection but router is connected to main cable for internet, if that makes sense?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Sounds like all your connections are all on wifi. Can you check by connecting a device to the Hub on an erhernet cable and see if it buffers then.

Any device can be connected on an ethernet cable with an adapter for any port the computer/laptop/tablet/console/phone/etc - actually has.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Good Afternoon @M1K2, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues experienced on the On Demand/Catch Up services.

Can you please confirm if you've been able to follow the advice from @jbrennand, and tested the services via an Ethernet cable?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn