Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Persistent broadband issues

Hello,

I was hoping you could help me. For the past week or so my partner and I have had persistent issues with our broadband, where 70% of the time it is either very slow or has dropped out completely. We're on M50 Fibre broadband.

The issue happens during the working day (approx 9.30 - 5ish); our connection in the evening or at the weekend is relatively decent.

It has been extremely bad this week - yesterday was essentially a write off and today has been just as bad (currently using our mobile data to send this message). The strange thing is is that whenever we run the suggested tests everything comes back fine. Today the download speed has been okay, but upload speed is nonexistent and we still can't get on anything.

Like I said, we've done all the tests, reset numerous times, dismanted and reinstalled cabling, yet still this issue persists. Trying to get hold of Virgin Media to investigate the issue further, or to look into other options (or even cancel so we can find another broadband provider) has not been possible as no email address and phone cuts out everytime we call their helpline (after an hour or so of queueing).

Do you have any other suggestions? 

Thanks in advance 🙂

Sian

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Persistent broadband issues

Hi, please feel free to send me a PRIVATE message, with your account number and area ref, I’m happy to do some background checks for you

ian 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Persistent broadband issues

Hi, I have messaged you again. There are some issues that I can see, I’ll see what I Can do to help. 
thanks 

Ian 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos