Menu
stuart1077
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Persistent Broadband downtime

Any one know what's up with virgin broadband in the Hoddesdon Hertfordshire are? We have had regular downtime now for about 3 or 4 weeks. Don't tend to say much as things can go down from time to time as with anything but the last few weeks Iv come home from work or woken up in the morning to find the router stuck in download or flashing green lights. It's now been down most this afternoon. Re booting router has fixed the issue before but not today. It keeps going into to download. Have checked the service online and faults in the area are showing. Never had so much regular issues with broadband. That with the fact the price keeps going up and up is making me consider if its worth keeping

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Persistent Broadband downtime

Hi stuart1077,

Thank you for posting.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having connection issues for almost 3-4 weeks now. I appreciate you've tried rebooting your hub. Really sorry for the problems in your area, I appreciate it's frustrating. Since you've been able to check our service status, it will tell you the estimated fix date and time.

Let us know if you need further help.

Thanks,

Raine_G

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Set up a free BQM - to continually to monitor the state of your connection and any dropouts, 24/7 and it keeps a visual record of the disconnection data - useful in discussions with VM over your "downtime".

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
stuart1077
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband eventually come back on sometime after midday the next day. Not sure what they have done though since it's been back on The tivo plays up, randomly keeps loosing picture for a second or two. Checked again online and says there's no problem in the area. Tried to run a TV test and get message page is no longer active. I'm considering leaving anyway now. For what we use don't think the price is worth it 52 quid for med TV, and vivid 100. Rang them a year ago to reduce the bill downsized TV package and was told that will only save a couple of quid. Bill was around 45 quid then with another bonus reducer on it too for six months. Virgin seem quick to inform you your speed is increasing for free but soon up the bill a few months later. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi stuart1077,

Thanks for coming back. Sad to hear that you're thinking of leaving us.

We appreciate you always checking our service status page for any update about service issues.

We can get an assistance with our online, so they can check the status of the services and run some test on your device. We can do this via online chat.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Gina_M

0 Kudos