cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanent Red Light - Hub 3

martinv1
Joining in

Hi all,

My Hub 3 is a few years old and generally causes no issues. I have had a permanent red light on the front for about a week or so now. Have tried multiple reboots, re-plugs etc but it's still there. The router isn't hot, just mildly warm (as normal) and my internet connection seems OK with speeds as expected. I've read through similar posts on the same subject on this board and most seem to end with the router being replaced as this is an "overheating" fault. Should I be concerned?

7 REPLIES 7

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Martin, welcome to the community!

Thank you for posting, and for making us aware of your concerns regarding your hub. 

Would you please be able to try the following steps:

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.
  • Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location and out of direct sunlight, if possible.
  • Switch the hub back on at the power. The Hub should now operate normally.

Let us know how you get on, and if you are still seeing a red light following this! 

All the best. 

Molly

Hi Molly,

I've just tried that again but the red light is still solid on the front.

So beyond rebooting (which I’ve done many times) can anybody else help me? 

Thanks for confirming martinv1

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can take some details from you and arrange an engineer visit

Please look out for my PM over at the purple envelope

Thanks

Beth

Hi Martin,

Thanks for confirming your details with me via PM

I've now booked in the next available engineer appointment we had for you. To view or make changes to your appointment time slot, please go here

Let us know how your visit goes and if we can help with anything else 🙂

Beth

Beth

Thank you Beth,

Where do I see the appointment details? I can't see anything in my account when I click the link you provided.

Hi martinv1, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Once the appointment is booked it can take up to 24 hours to update on your My VM. You should be able to view the appointment by clicking the link Beth gave. 

Please let us know how the visit goes and if you need further help, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs