cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pc can't see Hub 5 network

sam1970
Joining in

I have been using Hub 3 with no issues what so ever for the last 5 years. This week Virgin offered me Hub 5 and I gladly accepted thinking that it will sort out the wifi dead spots in the house. I connected it and most of my devices all over the house are working fine, although signal is till very poor in the usual dead spots.

My main issue is my PC in the study room. It worked absolutely fine with Hub 3 getting max internet speed but it can not see the Hub 5 signal at all so can not connect to the network. It sees all neighbours networks so the wifi card is not faulty. Actually I tried reusing Hub 3 and the PC found the signal straightaway but when I went back to Hub 5 there is nothing. LAptop and mobile phone in the same room connect to Hub 5 without a problem and getting max speed.

Any advice please?

37 REPLIES 37

Hi Steven,

No, the issue is not resolved after doing the reset also. I am still not able to see Hub 5 WIFI SSID but where as I can see all my neighbours WIFI SSID's. So it's definitely problem with new Hub 5 box 

Can you please provide resolution and also can you please tell me where I can officially raise a complaint on this. 

Regards

Pavan

Hey Pavan, thank you for reaching out and confirming this.

I will be able to help you with this complaint and get everything looked into.

Please will you look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Morbeous
On our wavelength

I have exactly thew same issue.  With Hub 3 my PC upstairs connected fine to the WIFi however with Hub 5 it cant even find the WIFI,  My phone and TV box upstairs connect fine but not the PC.  Again it can see the neighbours WIFI.  I also would like this sorted

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Morbeous, thanks for your post on our forum and this thread.

We're sorry to hear of the issues with connecting your pc on the WiFi since you had the hub 5 fitted, we'd love to best help you with that.
Please, be aware that our hubs work in a different way and they also use other technologies to broadcast the wireless signal, so this may be a weak / bling spot you're dealing with.

Could you please tell us if you're using our VM Connect App to check for blind spots in the property and how to improve the signal?
Also, are you using our WiFi pods or any type of boosters from us or any 3rd party equipment?

Please, tell us more and e're happy to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

I faced a similar issue today after my Hub 4 was replaced with a Hub 5. My mobile phone could see the SSID of the Hub 5, but my PC (which was working fine with the Hub 4) could not see the SSID. Like you have mentioned I could see the neighbours SSID's.

The issue turned out to be an issue with my laptops network card driver. The older driver that I had did not support the newer 802.11ax standard that is used by the Hub 5. In my case a windows update cured the issue, as it installed a newer driver for the Laptops built in Wi-Fi.

I realise this is a long time after you posted this. But I thought I should leave this here in case others find this thread as I did when researching the issue.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi drewscully, 

Thank you for posting to the thread and letting people know of your experience and what was done to resolve it. 

This is what the Community is all about and we really appreciate you taking the time to post. 

Please do get in touch if we can assist with anything in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat

damulak
Just joined

This is still an issue today 19/09/23. I contacted virgin ho wanted to charge me a ridiculous fee to 'fix' the problem of my laptop not being ale to connect to the new hub 5. I appreciate my laptop is old (lenovo Z51 AC3160 network card) but I would say a new product that is not compatible with previous models is an issue.

I rejected paying for their 'assistance' and found a driver here Intel 3160 Wireless LAN Driver for Windows 10 (Version 1507 and later) - ThinkPad E450, E550, E450c,...

and it cured the problem!

Hi @damulak thanks for the update.

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with the level of support offered. This is something we can pass on as feedback on your behalf. I'm guessing you were offered the option to take out home works/gadget rescue?  This would usually be the case when it's to do with 3rd party equipment/devices.

Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R