cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pc can't see Hub 5 network

sam1970
Joining in

I have been using Hub 3 with no issues what so ever for the last 5 years. This week Virgin offered me Hub 5 and I gladly accepted thinking that it will sort out the wifi dead spots in the house. I connected it and most of my devices all over the house are working fine, although signal is till very poor in the usual dead spots.

My main issue is my PC in the study room. It worked absolutely fine with Hub 3 getting max internet speed but it can not see the Hub 5 signal at all so can not connect to the network. It sees all neighbours networks so the wifi card is not faulty. Actually I tried reusing Hub 3 and the PC found the signal straightaway but when I went back to Hub 5 there is nothing. LAptop and mobile phone in the same room connect to Hub 5 without a problem and getting max speed.

Any advice please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That’s a standard dual band ac adapter, so should connect. Don’t forget the Hub 5 is still by invite only and is still in trials. It may be prudent to use a cable in the meantime. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

37 REPLIES 37

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Disable the AX protocol on the Hub5 then try again

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately IAm not very clued about these things. How do I do that? I can access the Hub 5 settings from laptop so where di I go from there?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Go to the Wireless section, 5Ghz and there should be a drop down to choose the wifi settings.  I don't have a Hub 5, but you are looking to change to an option that does not have ax in the choice.  So choose n/ac  or b/g/n/ac or something like that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@sam1970 wrote:

Thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately IAm not very clued about these things. How do I do that? I can access the Hub 5 settings from laptop so where di I go from there?

Similar recent topic showed no non-AX options listed

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Choosy-laptop-wont-pick-up-my-own-wifi-netw...

Could maybe try reducing the channel widths for a connection and/or trying the nearest wireless mode match to equipment being connected.

You'd need to find the wireless spec of the PC which can't connect then try the best match from the hub drop down list and a suitable channel width

That's crazy - there should be an option to not use AX - then again look who we're dealing with here company-wise.

Try changing the channel bandwidth to 20/40/80 rather than 160 as well.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sam1970 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear your PC is not connecting to the hub 5.  When you tried the hub 3 again, can you confirm it could find the hub but was not receiving an internet signal?  

Regards

Lee_R

Hi

Yes it detected the Hub 3 but without internet. I assume that once Hub 5 has been activated, Hub 3 got deactivated

There are no non-AX options

Tried changing the channels..nothing solved the problem