Menu
PhilJones93
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Paying for VIVID 200 and only get 25mbps!!!

Could someone please explain to me why I am paying for VIVID 200 (Mbps) unlimited broadband but only getting between 20mbps-40mbps download speeds?! 

I really do not want to have to keep calling customer services to get my speed turned up to what it should be every time it is low. I understand there are peak times of the day where internet speeds are slower but it is a bit of a joke that I'm paying for something I'm not getting! 

I have attached some speed test screen shots as proof. 

Can anyone help? Screenshot_20180719_195422.jpg

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Paying for VIVID 200 and only get 25mbps!!!

are you testing wired or wireless - always test wired

how are customer services turning your speed up when you ring - thats not possible - well all things are thought to be possible by offshore but they live in a parallel universe most of the time

they may change your channel if its wifi which may help - they can do nothing else

if it is wifi speed then what you are getting may be the problem of the device you are testing with

Tony
PhilJones93
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's a wireless connection I am testing. I can't test a wired connection. It may be I'm possible but when I call customer services about the speed issue they put me on hold for 5 minutes and then like magic it's back up to 150mbps!! 

I shouldn't be paying for 200mbps if I'm not getting no matter the connection type! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

i say again you need to test wired with a gigabit card - thats the only test that stands up - wifi has too many variables - most of which are out of any isp's control - if you are getting 200 wired then end of story

Tony
Tom321
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Most devices nowadays are wireless so what you're saying is rubbish! Should i plug my phone in to the router? No. In norway i consistently get 100 mgps on 4g so if vivid 200 does what it says on the tin for wifi, 25mgps is unacceptable. I have the same problem with my wifi here so must it be my brand new galaxy s10 that's at fault? 

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately, the passage of time and a fashion for wireless devices does not change the laws of physics.

As said, the first step in diagnostics would be to determine if the problem is on VM's wan side or your wireless side, each side has it's own different diagnostic tests.
Testing with a wired connection, will rule out the many variables associated with wireless and will show where the problem lies.

The Galaxy S10 should be capable of 200Mbps close to the Hub, providing the Hub and Phone are set up right and there no wireless environmental issues, which there are many.

0 Kudos