cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pausing internet on device issue

chrisski33
Tuning in

why can't i pause the internet on my daughter's kindle via the connect app but i can pause other devices?

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

Rajk25
On our wavelength

Unbelievable! VM pretending to treat this as new/ unknown issue.. this issue was raised on a separate thread over a month ago .. we were told VM know of the issue and working to resolve this for quite some time.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Pausing-devices/td-p/5082542/highlight/fals...

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the posts and replies, chrisski33.

Sorry to see what you've tried so far hasn't worked (including re-installing the Connect App) and thanks for clarifying this.
It is important for us to understand more on the issue so we can best guide you towards fixing this, sorry to see the questions asked above have caused some frustration.

Please, note all checks we ask for here are based on troubleshooting steps needed to follow so we ensure best service, no one is trying to run away from the problem.
Also, the more info we have from you the better/quicker the resolution to your issue.

Could you kindly let us know what device you are using the Connect App on (android, Apple etc) and if this issue exists when using the App on a different device too?
Is your device updated to it's latest software version?
It will also be worth trying to re-install the App once more now as we recently launched a new update (unless you've tried this within the past 2 weeks).

The new version is:

Android: 12.28.19

Apple: 12.28.18

Please, let us know if the above help with this issue - if not let us know and we're eager to assist you further.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Im on latest android and most recent updated app.

In fact am i able to pause devices easily on pc?

Hi chrisski33, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

We're sorry to hear you are having trouble with the "pause" features. Some devices may take longer than others to pause and unpause. 

Speaking with the development teams, they're aware that some devices are having issues and they are constantly working on updates to make the app work faster, and appreciate your patience.

If you are able to pause a device, and have an issue with un-pausing it, you should be able to reverse this by doing a pin hole reset on the hub. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

As mentioned before ive tried all methods. Id love to unpause devices if i could pause them in the first place!

Hello chrisski33,

I can look into this for you. 

And I think every possible bit of advice has been given without a fix.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L