cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pausing devices

Whalley85
On our wavelength

I am on the virgin media connect app with the hub3 and previously been able to pause devices but now not able to do it. 

Tried re installing the app and re boot of the hub. Iv just un paused one so that works but when I try to pause one it just spins like it's buffering 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks but the devices are not Apple products and up until 2/3 weeks ago it allowed me to pause/unpause with no issues.  Now all I get is the pause icon constantly circling before timing out.

Fed up of spending what seems like hours trying to get through to a customer service rep.  Has to be the worst customer service out there especially when you consider their prices.  The sooner the other broadband providers in my area catch up with the Virgin product the better.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

117 REPLIES 117

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
VM stopped caring about the app a long time ago....
---------------------------------------------------------------

bitsandpcs
Fibre optic

I have a hub 5 and running the latest version of the app and I am able to pause connected devices. Find the device you want to pause and click the > and the option is on the next screen.

Tried that and used be able to do it but some reason it won't do it now but it tries to 

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Whalley85,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having trying to pause and un-pause devices on your network.

Have you tried a pin hole/factory reset of your hub since the issues started?

Are you able to download the Connect app onto another device, to see if that can help you to do this?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven 

I have done all this nothing works at all 

Hi Whalley85,

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. We're sorry to hear you are still having trouble with the "pause" features.  I am working closely with the relevant team on this and they have advised that some devices may take longer than others to pause and un-pause. 

We are constantly working on updates to make the app work faster, and appreciate your patience.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

webster74
Dialled in

I’m having exactly the same issue which also started a couple of weeks ago (coincidence?)

Tried everything advised online and as per usual unable to speak to an actual VM tech/customer rep.

Just a thought, but are the devices you are trying to pause, iPhone or iPads etc? 

The VM hub’s device control is based on what’s called MAC addresses (no connection to Apple Macs by the way) which in the past were fixed by the manufacturer.  Now more recent versions of Apple’s operating systems randomly switches the reported MAC addresses to improve security and reduce the ability of companies to track the device. All well and good but it does completely undermine any and all filtering or pausing abilities which rely on, to be honest, fairly crude criterion.

If the above actually is the case, then it can be worked around, but just how far do you want to get into the weeds of networking? 

Thanks but the devices are not Apple products and up until 2/3 weeks ago it allowed me to pause/unpause with no issues.  Now all I get is the pause icon constantly circling before timing out.

Fed up of spending what seems like hours trying to get through to a customer service rep.  Has to be the worst customer service out there especially when you consider their prices.  The sooner the other broadband providers in my area catch up with the Virgin product the better.