cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pausing devices

Whalley85
On our wavelength

I am on the virgin media connect app with the hub3 and previously been able to pause devices but now not able to do it. 

Tried re installing the app and re boot of the hub. Iv just un paused one so that works but when I try to pause one it just spins like it's buffering 

117 REPLIES 117

Update.... it's now let me unpause one device but won't let me pause anything else. 🤪

I daren’t attempt to pause anything at the moment.  My son went mad when I paused his PS5 and it wouldn’t unpause.  Got some piece and quiet for a short time though 🤣

It has been letting me pause devices.  Quite laggy as in it takes a well to pause them.  However unpausing is very hit and miss

Hi all

I’ve just tried to pause 3 different devices PS5, Amazon Echo and an iPad and all errored and timed out before completing the pause request.

Rajk25
On our wavelength

Hi Kath,
I did not say my hub was faulty. I suggested the potential solution would be to try a new hub to see if it fixes the issue.

Please tell what you propose to resolve this issue?

Rajk25
On our wavelength

It’s been almost a week since last update, with on progress to the issue whatsoever. Could we have an update, solution that this issue please. 

Rajk25
On our wavelength

It’s been almost a week since last update, with on progress to the issue whatsoever. Could we have an update, solution to this issue please. 

Hi all, 

Thanks once again for your patience whilst I have been waiting on updates from the relevant teams. 

After further investigation, the teams have advised that all the accounts I've sent over to them are having the issue due to a known error. It's affecting the pause and unpause feature and it's where the hub is registering a null MAC in the MAC Filtering part of the hub settings. There is a limit on how many MAC addresses can be filtered, which is set to 16, and these spaces are all being taken up by null MAC's leaving no room for the real one of your device. 

To remove these, a pin hole reset is the only way however whilst this removes all the MAC's in the MAC Filter, your hub may continue to register these. If you wish to try the PIN hole reset, please ensure you hold the button down for atleast 45 seconds for everything to refresh. 

In the meantime, the teams are already working on a fix for this but there is no estimated time for this just yet. 

I know this seems as though you are no further forward however atleast the teams have narrowed down what the issue is where as before, they were unaware. 

Hopefully I'll bring news of a fix soon but in the meantime, thanks once again for your patience. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Rajk25
On our wavelength

Hi Kath.

Just carried out the pin hole reset and now I’m able to pause and unpause devices.
So far your recommended procedure to resolve this issue has worked. Will continue to monitor this and if it reoccurs, we get back to you here.

Thank you for your support and for looking into this matter. 

@Kath i tried this ages ago but did not work. i have given up trying to pause and unpause devices as just a waste of time currently and do not have faith it will be fixed in the near future by Virgin media. I will try again no doubt.