Menu
Kiz41
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Pausing a device that unpauses itself

I use the app to pause my daughters phone when she won’t go to bed at night. When I look at the app 10 minutes later, she’s managed to unpause it? 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Pausing a device that unpauses itself

It’s just the app being naff. Uninstall it and use the MAC filtering in the hubs admin pages 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Kiz41 wrote:

I use the app to pause my daughters phone when she won’t go to bed at night. When I look at the app 10 minutes later, she’s managed to unpause it? 

Might be easier to just take the phone away until the next morning 🙂

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
Kiz41
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oh yes Conman33158,

Thank you for you’re amazing parenting skills. Why did I not think of that before? 🙄 I will definitely get into a physical altercation with my teenager who has mental health issues. Cheers! 

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Kiz41 wrote:

Oh yes Conman33158,

Thank you for you’re amazing parenting skills. Why did I not think of that before? 🙄 I will definitely get into a physical altercation with my teenager who has mental health issues. Cheers! 

Sorry you took this the wrong way but it was said in jest hence the smiley face.

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kiz41, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

Are you still experiencing this issue when using the app? If so, have you attempted to remove and reinstall it as suggested by gary_dexter?

Thank you 

Nat
0 Kudos