cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paused device not showing on virgin connect app

Cathy2811
Just joined

I paused my sons Nintendo switch using the virgin media connect app while he was grounded. Now he is ungrounded I would like to unpause the internet to his switch, it’s showing in the number of connected devices but not the list of connected or paused devices and I don’t know how to get it back on!

58 REPLIES 58

Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Cathy2811, 

Welcome to the forums I am sorry to see you have had trouble getting the device un-paused. 

Try the steps found in this link.

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

Let us know how you get on. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I’m having the same problem, followed the link but not able to find the solution via it. 

Ive e mailed for help but no reply yet  

Has anyone got any tips? 

Thanks. 

Uninstall the Virgin Media Connect app from the device (1) used to pause the other device (2), then restart the first device (1) (power off then on again).  Reinstall the Virgin Media Connect app again & reconnect.  Check that device (2) can now reconnect. 

Failing this, try a factory reset of your HUB.  Hold the pin reset button in for 60 seconds (located at the rear of the HUB), let the HUB restart & try connecting device (2) again. 

biltong
On our wavelength

I'm having the same problem with the app on iPhone 7 Plus. If you have an iPad, use the app on that device instead, which works fine. I don't believe this is a problem with the router so don't waste time resetting it. Looks like it is a simple screen display problem on Plus sized devices.

Same problem paused my daughter’s phone now it’s missing from the list and cannot I pause it! - broken system Virgin!

Lindsey_C
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Bluefusion,

Very sorry to hear you have had trouble unpausing a device.

Have you got this resolved since your post?

if you haven't, please take a look at the information I have found online about this here

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

I managed to resolve it by directly loggin into the route and removing the block, but not ideal, this is clearly a bug in your App that needs fixing.

I've had too reset my hub atleast 5 times. Looked at it again this morning and all my paused devices are not showing . I turned my 2 daughters Internet at 9pm and it was showing but this morning not showing 

Trisha_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mathewj1978,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear your having issue with your  connect app.

Have you got this resolved since your post?

Click here to check some steps and help you see devices connected on your hub.

Looking forward to your response.

Kind Regards,

Trisha_G